Thread: Taxi from Julianna to L'Esperance airport

SBH Member Joined: Feb 2007 Outside of Philly Posts: 90

Taxi from Julianna to L'Esperance airport

Finally have all of my flights redone....for the time being, anyway. In order to keep my reservation with St. Barth Commuter I now have to get from Julianna airport to L'Esperance on the French side. Does anyone have any experience with this?? Time involved? Expense? Ease? Where to catch the taxi (with just carry on luggage)?

Thanks!

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2004 Raleigh N.C. Posts: 120

Re: Taxi from Julianna to L'Esperance airport

We had the same situation in June. Taxi was $30 for the two of us and it took in the range of 40 minutes. This may very as to the time of day and the amount of traffic. It was somewhat of a depressing ride. Nothing compared to st barths. I will say that the airport was a refreshing change from Julianna. Everyone was extremely friendly!and it was very small and organized. You should not have any problems.

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2004 Raleigh N.C. Posts: 120

Just walk ou the main airport doors and taxis will be waiting

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2003 Overland Park, Ks Posts: 180

We planned to do that one year, changed our reservation to Grand Case/SBH. When we landed at Julianna the St. Barth Commuter rep told us to forget the taxi, they had added another (later) flight. They then flew me and hubby on to SBH. I hope you will have the same pleasant surprise.

SBH Member Joined: Oct 2002 Richmond Posts: 151

We took this route on June 18. USAir landed at 3:15 at Julianna and we were in the taxi by 3:45 to Grand Case [carryon only]. We could have had the taxi sooner but we tried to track down the SBC rep to see if they had a flight from SXM, which they didn't. Taxi was $25 plus tip and took 30 minutes. Our reservation was on the 5:30 SBC flight, but we were able to take the 4:30.

Having stayed in Grand Case many times, it was interesting to see the changes in St Martin [good and very bad]. The French airport was like seeing SBH in the 80's. We will use this option again in the future.

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2005 Annapolis Posts: 4,106

We flew from Grand Case after staying there for a few days. This option reduces the stress and uncertainty involved with airlines and allows you to sample the fine cuisine in GC. We stayed at L'Esplanade in GC which was great.