• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

I'm not sure how often people scroll down to the planning threads, so I thought I would post a quick reference here.If you're in the RDU - Chapel hill

Re: RDU Forum Gathering

Come on down and join us then! :eek:) BTW, Apex was just named 14th best place to live in the country by Money magazine.

Come on down and join us then! :eek:) BTW, Apex was just named 14th best place to live in the country by Money magazine.

And my town Nether Providence was named 9th best place to live by Money.

Nice to hear from those of you who placed 9th and 14th, but where we live,Pittsburgh,Pa was named FIRST!!! Just thought you might like to know.

Nice to hear from those of you who placed 9th and 14th, but where we live,Pittsburgh,Pa was named FIRST!!! Just thought you might like to know.

You mean in your own mind- right?

Not just in my mind. Places rated Almanac recently rated Pittsburgh as the Most livable City in the US.

That despite we are burdened with that bum you(Phila.) sent the state as governor.Is there anything he has not attempted to tax?

Not just in my mind. Places rated Almanac recently rated Pittsburgh as the Most livable City in the US.

That despite we are burdened with that bum you(Phila.) sent the state as governor.Is there anything he has not attempted to tax?

So beside pollution you got attitude too? LOL

Actually, I really like Pittsburgh it is manageable in size yet has a lot of interesting features and facilities.

I also like Phila. My son is in med school there and really likes it.

Now Rendell is another story. An absolute crook, taxer and scammer.

Salem

I applaud your enthusiasm. As someone who has planned dozens of online gatherings, I know it does take some effort.

I would suggest making this Triangle group for the FWI to include SXM, etc.

I'm well aware of the feelings people have towards St Barts, but opening this up just a little would probably provide more participation.

Count me in as someone who is interested. I can be reached at charliehac@gmail.com.

As you may remember, I'm a 20 year veteran of visiting SBH.

<<<Actually, I really like Pittsburgh it is manageable in size yet has a lot of interesting features and facilities>>>

Absolutely correct.
Now, if they ever get the Fifth/Forbes project done....

Sorry guys, no offense, but I think I'll just stay in Charleston, South Carolina, voted by several Magazines (over several years) as the Friendliest City in America and by many others(over several years) as one of the top 5 places in America to visit, behind NYC, San Fran, etc. I just like it here a bunch!

BTW, I love Apex and Philly, and I really like the Pitt area as well. Each is strikingly different with it's own unique character. What I don't get at all is the ratings criteria & how it is skewed...area by area. I guess when you release a Ranking, it is yours to define and defend. I looked at this closely and many of these communities are exceptionally nice.

Ric

Since this subject should never have been on this forum- I just slapped myself- NEVER MIND.

Since this subject should never have been on this forum- I just slapped myself- NEVER MIND.
I might suggest why so many lurk and never post here are the comments on this forum that could be perceived as negative such as I perceive the one above. It's perfectly OK if you're in the clique to go off topic but heaven forbid an "other" should up front state why they are posting in a particular category, it's then OK be derogatory and demeaning, unless of course the "other" is perceived as some young, gorgeous 75 pound nymph that talks in the 3rd person, then I can practically hear the panting ... this was on another forum in another galaxy and I believe it to be applicable here:
".... I'm asking that if you chose to take part in these discussions or any others, that you post the same way you would respond to someone in a face to face conversation. There is nothing wrong with differing opinions. However snide, hurtful comments making or insinuating personal attacks are not welcome.
And I would say this to your faces.
Good night.

Online Etiquette

David Pogue blogged about the lack of online etiquette here.

Here's an excerpt:
--------------------------------------

What

Wish,
I understand HE isn't nearly as toxic or demeaning as he comes across in this forum, but I will withhold final judgment until I meet him in person next year. Standby for my trip report.

696130695_f131d57442.jpg

Salem - this proves that no good deed goes unpunished.

Nice try, but maybe there is another SBH board somewhere with more members.

Interesting- I was about to get into a debate with George about Governor Rendell and I stopped because I thought it was inappropriate for this forum and this unleashed all this comment? What a country.

Spare me the debate. How can you embellish a crook and a slime ball? This state needs less debate and more "tar and featherings." That action should not be limited to Rendell or democrats. We need a lot of tar and feathers.