AXA Resto Du Jour Quatre

Island Visitor

Senior Insider
Today it is Smokey's On The Cove.

There are a lot of things you can say about Smokey's. But the first thing has to be that Monsieur Smokey is BRILLIANT. The cove is a decent enough little beach but mostly serves as an anchorage with a knockout view of St Martin. It is, as it turns out, situated between Cap Juluca and The New Stunner by St Regis - Temenos. Indeed, St Regis owns almost every piece of real estate around Smokey's except for Smokey's. IV thinks that Monsieur Smokey is likely sitting on a gold mine. It would not surprise me if it is someday in the middle of a Glassglamglitz building and renamed "Temenos' Authentic Smokey's On The Beach". But for now, it is what it is.

The resto itself is somewhat of a beach barbeque shack. It is attractive, clean, has a great wait staff and serves up lipsmacking sauces over fish, beef and chicken. Furthermore, it is clearly a place for local Players as we saw policemen and Suits there for lunch.

Let the little guys swim while you have that extra Caribe. This is a fantastic lunch spot.

557371382_337dfc3c38.jpg

Part of The Cove with construction at Tememos going on:

557530839_27997ecdce.jpg

A Fatboy Wannabe Local

557532399_b17b3c31f1.jpg

Fatboy:

557534335_6eda8d8ad8.jpg

Thanks for the pics IV....making me look forward to Xmas.....we went to Smokeys with our then teenagers, and had a great dinner of grilled lobsters there, nice guy.
Keep the pics coming...my husband and I are off to see our kids in Colorado tomorrow.....I'll check in when we return....LindaP

Way too relaxed IV...definitely a great trip!

Really liked it. You do NOT go to AXA to save money versus St Barth. It is just as expensive. But it is also a lot of fun, particularly for families. When it is just me and Madame IV, we will do St Barth. But when we also have les enfants, we really liked AXA.