. . . which happens to be the first Apple store in the world. Wore my Apple logo black polo and Apple logo black ball cap. Genius boys asked where I g

JEK

Senior Insider
Visited my local Apple Store . . .

. . . which happens to be the first Apple store in the world. Wore my Apple logo black polo and Apple logo black ball cap. Genius boys asked where I got it and I told them Cupertino Mothership store. . They said you are old school. I said older than you think, my first Apple was a II/e :)

I think I am first in line on Friday :)

Re: Visited my local Apple Store . . .

You better get the interns in the line TODAY.

I have decide to go myself. This is too important an event for delegation :)

If you want to know what is sickening- you have found it. Talk about torture abd slow death- whew. Call the CIA- they could use this tactic.

<<I have decide to go myself. This is too important an event for delegation :->>

OK, the usual rules apply.
Carryon only, no white pants.

At what point in time do you plan to join the line? Or, (being a suspicious kinda guy at heart) was the earlier visit to the store wearing the Apple regalia an attempt to curry favor with the staffers, perhaps spread a little baksheesh around and um, 'negotiate' an under the table transaction/prime spot on the line?

the difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people do whatever it takes to be successful...LOL

If you want to know what is sickening- you have found it. Talk about torture abd slow death- whew. Call the CIA- they could use this tactic.

You are in control. Do not open these messages if they sicken you.

<<I have decide to go myself. This is too important an event for delegation :->>

OK, the usual rules apply.
Carryon only, no white pants.

At what point in time do you plan to join the line? Or, (being a suspicious kinda guy at heart) was the earlier visit to the store wearing the Apple regalia an attempt to curry favor with the staffers, perhaps spread a little baksheesh around and um, 'negotiate' an under the table transaction/prime spot on the line?

the difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people do whatever it takes to be successful...LOL

I will travel with my backback containing my MacBook Pro and Nikon D40 camera for blogging purposes and plan to arrive around 3 with an empty bladder :)

As for currying favor - guilty (and luckless) as charged :)

Don't know what it is until I open it but the smell is leaking thru.

Don't know what it is until I open it but the smell is leaking thru.

Clues: Apple iPhone

PS Don't read the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today or Newsweek today or you will be further sickened :)

I suppose it could have been worse- you could have started 2 weeks ago- GAG.

<<I suppose it could have been worse- you could have started 2 weeks ago- GAG. >>

boys and their toys...LOL
so who gets the ceremonial first call?
I vote for Andy, just to annoy him...

This is from the NYC Craigslist...it's noon on Wednesday, and this guy is # SEVEN on line????

<<<<IPHONE ON FRIDAY, ILL HOLD YOUR SPOT (SoHo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-361456413@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-06-27, 12:06PM EDT

IPHONE ON FRIDAY, ILL HOLD YOUR SPOT(SoHo)

I'm camped out and #7 online right now at the apple store in SoHo.

I will give up my space in line for $500.00 cash.

Meet me FRIDAY at 5pm.

Doors open at 6pm.

Contact Thom >>>>

This is from the NYC Craigslist...it's noon on Wednesday, and this guy is # SEVEN on line????

<<<<IPHONE ON FRIDAY, ILL HOLD YOUR SPOT (SoHo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-361456413@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-06-27, 12:06PM EDT

IPHONE ON FRIDAY, ILL HOLD YOUR SPOT(SoHo)

I'm camped out and #7 online right now at the apple store in SoHo.

I will give up my space in line for $500.00 cash.

Meet me FRIDAY at 5pm.

Doors open at 6pm.

Contact Thom >>>>

My store is in a closed mall and I think they will sweep the squatters out every night at midnight, so I don't need to get nervous until Friday morning :)

Well, I bet that the 6 folks in front of this kid ain't the end users, either.
What an amazing marketing campaign. I'll give em credit for a great product, and they'll make a TON of $$ with the pricing structure....

So precisely what time do you plan to get on line Friday?? 5AM? Think demand in the boonies of VA will be as strong as here?

(I'm LOVIN this...LOL)

Well, I bet that the 6 folks in front of this kid ain't the end users, either.
What an amazing marketing campaign. I'll give em credit for a great product, and they'll make a TON of $$ with the pricing structure....

So precisely what time do you plan to get on line Friday?? 5AM? Think demand in the boonies of VA will be as strong as here?

(I'm LOVIN this...LOL)

They have announced they are closing the store at 2:00 PM and will reopen at 6:00 PM. I plan on arriving at 4:00 PM and expect to have a 100 people in front of me in line. Based on past Apple product rollouts (I was there for the 2G iPod and have the tee-shirt) many will be lookee loos and not get into the purchase line immdeiately and some will be there for the tee-shirts only. I come to buy and leave for the cool confines of my home where I can activate my iPhone over iTunes. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I am checking what my current obligation is on Verizon. If it is something moderately short, I will be in line friday and join Jean as an IPhoner.

As to the peanut gallery, I remember you guys trying to convince me how MS-DOS was SO much better than "Point And Click Apple Toys" back in the day. Ergo, I dismissed your opinions in issues such as this two decades ago.

But thanks for caring enough to be wrong publicly.

JEK have a great time in line..Hope it all goes well for you..There is nothing wrong with being all pumped up about something your into..Its what makes the world go round..On a downer note,the NY Post gave the phone an aweful review yesterday..The first one ive heard..If i were smart enough to figure the phone out and use it to all its glory,id get one too...LOL..