Just read Hosseini's (of Kiterunner fame) newest book. A great read...read it in in one day, my first summer reading book after the school year ended.

heatherdh

SBH Insider
A Thousand Splendid Suns

Just read Hosseini's (of Kiterunner fame) newest book. A great read...read it in in one day, my first summer reading book after the school year ended.

The story is set in Afghnaistan over 3 decades and tells the story of 2 women married to the same man. From the Soviet invasion to the arrival of the Taliban, the story is moving and worth the read.

Re: A Thousand Splendid Suns

QUOTE:" read it in in one day"

???? I loved his first book and heard him interviewed about this one but I like to stretch it out a little.

I couldn't wait for this book to come out and I read it just before our recent trip, not wanting to lug a hardback book in my luggage. I found it to be just as wonderful, rich and emotional as The Kiterunner. I agree with the reviews that say it proves Hosseini is definitely not a one-hit wonder.

Interestingly, on our way home (the second time....) I picked up a paperback copy of it in the St. Maarten airport. I have often noticed in Funny Face Books that books are published in paperback in the UK long before they are in the US. I imagine it will be awhile before this one comes out in paperback here at home.

"I like to stretch it out a little."

After a very hectic and busy school year, I indulged myself and spent a lazy day on the sofa absorbed in A Thousand Splendid Suns. No stetching it out...just immersing myself.