• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Villa Azure

GayleR

Senior Insider
A couple of years ago, we had the great fortune of being invited for cocktails to the lovely Villa Azure overlooking St Jean. We were told the owners were from Anguilla and were planning on taking the house off the market, though I can't recall the reason.

Does anyone know if it is available for rental, perhaps from the owners directly? This agent has told me they no longer represent the house.
http://www.gobeach.com/stbarts/azure.htm

Thanks.

You probably know this Gayle, but on the www.azuvilla.com website, it states "fully booked- no need to inquire". Why pay to host a website when they seem to be uninterested in renting? Anyway, the say to contact Bob and Mary Ann Green at 1-264-497-5088. I hope this helps.

Hi Rob,
Actually I did not know about this website because the spelling is different so I didn't actually make the connection. But thanks for posting this and the owners phone number. I suspect they have a long term tenant.

Re: Villa Azure--- Azu

Great villa, only issue for us was the steep drive and lack of road sight distace, but REALLY nice views, and walkable to St Jean. It was for sale when we were looking in '99, then a mere $1 Mil---a bargain in retrospect. From the photos it appears the new owners have extensively redecorated. Friends of Villa Guests of ours rented it in '05 as I remember.

Gayle, That villa is one of three sharing a driveway, the second on the right as you pass Andy's.The first villa is lowest on the hill, of course, and has 2BR.I can't remenber the name off the top of my head.The second villa is Villa La Maison, which we rent in Nov./early Dec.Villa La Maison has 3 BR, two of which are suites.It has an L-shaped pool and is decorated beautifully.The view is what attracted us most to this villa.I can't even concentrate on my reading material.Several Agencies list Villa la Maison, but we happen to use Marla.I'll try to post the villa's website if I can remember it.

Claudia and Gayle- part of our party is staying at La Maison in June. If you are interested, I can let you know how we enjoyed it. Since it seems you have stayed here before, can you tell me some specifics, Claudia? (EX.- can you walk to Andy's, to the beach, how quiet is it, are the two suites private from each other, anything else).
Thanks, Rob

rob, they will love it!We've stayed there twice, and the only complaint I have had was the maid.She appears when it is convenient for her and spends entirely too much time at the villa.Have your friends discuss the maid's schedule with the villa agent.On our first stay there, it was really out of hand. At the beginning of the second stay, the maid agreed to come no earlier than 9:30 and not to reappear later during the day.Things improved somewhat, as she only invaded once a day this past trip, but she would show up any hour between 8:30 and 11:00 am.She speaks no English, but one of us spoke French, so that helped as well.Most of the maids we've had have been very pleasant, and we've enjoyed knowing them.This one just isn't one of our of our favorites.

Sorry, rob. I get so wound up when I think of the maid, I forgot the rest of your question.You can easily walk to Andy's and La Rotisserie and the rest of the St. Jean shopping.However, the driveway is steep, so walking back may be strenuous for some.The outdoor area is very lovely and comfortable,and furnished with comfortable sofas cvered in white duck with a few dark red accent pillows and toile pillows as well.There is a big marble topped round dining table with acrylic chairs and alovely dark red buffet.There are also wicker chairs and big wooden chaises with dark red cushions.Thers are some antique furnshings as well.
The Gouvernor's suite is on the main floor.It has a cathedral ceiling and a nice seating area with another white duck covered sofa and a large wooden desk, behind which is a wall of shelves decorated with antique books ,many in French and many covered in elaborate matching bookcovers.there are two queen sized beds in this room as well, which apparently used to be able to be pushed together to make a huge king sized bed.
The Josephine suite is on the second floor and reached by outside stairs.It has a separate office, and a bedroom with an antique king sized poster bed, ans well as an outside and inside porch with a TV.Oh, the big TV is in the Governor suite.
There is a third bedroom on the main floor, but it is small, with twin poster beds.It has the largest bathroom, though.
All of the bathrooms have attractive stone walls and floors(or stonelike material)
The kitchen os open to the living area and very well equipped.The glassware, flatware and dishes are stylish and of very nice quality for a rental.
We really hate to leave there, we feel so spoiled by the surroundings!

Sounds great- thank you so much. I hope you dont mind if I pm you sometime as our trip gets closer.
Rob

No problem, rob.Oh, we had a cocktail party there in december and there were plenty of wine glasses and champagne flutes for about twenty of us.

Thanks Claudia. We loved Villa Azure and I was hoping it might be back on the market. I've looked at La Maison and suspected it was up there too. Thanks.

3 weeks less a day or as Seles would indicate

Gayle, It's only a little lower on the same slope as Azure.The view would be essentially the same.Many rainbows, particularly in the morning when passing showers are most frequent.

We loved everything about it EXCEPT for the fact that its closeness to the road was a bit much with the buzzing scooters,etc. That's why we are staying in Vitet in May but as I've said in another post...to each his own...how bad could it be if you're on SBH?

No problem, rob.Oh, we had a cocktail party there in december and there were plenty of wine glasses and champagne flutes for about twenty of us.

I attended a cocktail party at La Maison a few years back, which has resulted in multiple longterm freindships with SBHOnline members. The villa, as I recall it, is an older villa that has been updated. I met the owners on one of my trips last year when we shared a flight between SBH and SXM, and then talked a bit in the Soualiga Lounge. They are very nice people, and the villa can be rented both directly from the owners and through various agencies. Search here on "La Maison" for additional information.

Quote: Villa La Maison, as I recall it, is an older villa that has been updated. I met the owners on one of my trips last year when we shared a flight between SBH and SXM, and then talked a bit in the Soualiga Lounge. They are very nice people, and the villa can be rented both directly from the owners and through various agencies. Search here on "La Maison" for additional information.[/quote]

Kevins: Villa La Maison can be rented directly from the owners indeed. They've just created a new website with lots of pictures. Here is the link to the Gallery: St Barts villa rental La Maison - Gallery

Blandine,

Thank you for your input. Are you associated in some way with this organization that features the villas about which you've posted?

Hi Tim,
I know the owner of La Maison, and had the chance to visit him in his villa a year ago when he was doing some maintenance. Since his new site is not yet mentionned in the forum, I am adding this information (the old site is quite obsolete now). Bl