Very short NYC trip~

Seles

Senior Insider
Two things to remember in NYC~take an umbrella in March/April, and don't fly commercial when the weather is suspect(period)...fortunately we had the umbrella and right clothing and the right ride.

We were there for a few short days, stayed at Morgans on Madison...loft suite on the 17 backside. Very quiet as I have stayed in this suite before and love all about it. Morgans is a little unpretentious for Ian Schrager and one of his nicest, less hipp, most quiet & seemingly okay places...we love several of his places, but only where they make sense.

Lunched at Paper Moon, a favorite Italien of ours, just off Madison-definitely try the veal picatta with white wine & lemon (there's is better than mine)

Lunch at La GouLou, also a favorite French resto near Giorgio Armani on Madison-we always make it a point to go here-fabulous string beans with parmeson and this trip, the fish which was DORADE! That will get some attention. Better than ANY I've had in St.Barths.

Dinner at NoBu W.57th-we like this resto very much as I enjoy the sushi variety and Lu enjoys the non sushi anything. I don't think all the restos he has opened has hurt him as many say, but who knows. I eat there a couple of times a year and enjoy it very much. Worth every penny!

Dinner at Da Silvano-YEP, we got pushed here by friends but were delighted. Bar Pitti was next door and we wanted to try with all the nice comments here, but not a chance. Generally I'm simple with Italien at dinner, so I stayed with pesto appetizer & pasta bolognese, outstanding...Lu had a scallop/pasta dish she was quite happy with. Wine selection was over the top...service excellent. A bit crowded by my standards, but so was Bar Pitti as I peered into the dining area for several minutes on the way in and out. Da Silvano was actually a great experience, BUT we were with patrons of the Resto who were treated "very, very special"...so I would recommend provided the same level of service is for all. I will definitely go again.

Last but not least, we again tried some drinks and appetizers at Cafe Fuego in the Village, couple of blocks from SoHo...it is an underground Cuban Cafe of sorts, the village scene for sure, very good food & simple but entertaining drinks. We had tried before with friends and enjoyed, but just drinks, etc. this time very late...not crowded and a nice group frequent the place. If I lived in the Village or SoHo, I would probably frequent this place often...think your favorite cafe house, lunch spot, bar & den of a friend...very inviting!

http://cafefuego.com/

As is always the case in the Village, I hope it makes it.

Best to all.

Ric

PS~when the winds are at 25mph & the rain is sideways, don't walk accidentally into Imus and his 'group' prepped for an ANNOUNCEMENT! You actually have to 'work at it' to escape. Did anyone see me on CNN? I sincerely hope not as I was not impressed neg/pos in the least...just a crowd on the sidewalk who altered my way in for an Expresso.

Nice report Ric.....that Cafe Fuego looks awesome. I sent the site on to my daughter to send to a friend whom she went to SCAD with.....he married a Cuban girl, and they live in Brooklyn, they'll have to check it out!

Dinner at Da Silvano-YEP, we got pushed here by friends but were delighted. Bar Pitti was next door and we wanted to try with all the nice comments here, but not a chance. Da Silvano was actually a great experience, BUT we were with patrons of the Resto who were treated "very, very special"...so I would recommend provided the same level of service is for all. I will definitely go again.

Last but not least, Cafe Fuego in the Village, couple of blocks from SoHo.If I lived in the Village or SoHo, I would probably frequent this place often...think your favorite cafe house, lunch spot, bar & den of a friend...very inviting! Ric

ric, glad you enjoyed da silvano.
hope you'll try bar pitti on your next visit!

thanks for the cafe fuego recommendation.
we go to cafecito, on avenue c and 12th street, for cuban food.
we've never been to cafe fuego, and will certaily try it.

Excellent recommendations for our next short trip. It's only 90 minutes away. Always ready to try new restaurants- that's one of the main reasons we go.