the good news?....steady snow has been falling for 48 hours now...not heavy, but steady..the bad news?..unprecedented and sustained cold temps, like

MIke R

Senior Insider
good news/bad news

the good news?....steady snow has been falling for 48 hours now...not heavy, but steady..the bad news?..unprecedented and sustained cold temps, like we see in New England, but rarely here....todays temps are -12 to a high of 8.....normal is 20ish at night and mid 30's during the day...being New Englanders we are used to it but many out here are not liking this at all....the tourists dont look too happy either

Re: good news/bad news

Here is the 10 day for Martin/Janine/Roy/Dee

Sat
Feb 3 Snow Shower

Yeah, the boy will be at Vail today with some buddies and said it's getting cold. Time to cover up all skin. Good part is it'll keep the crowds down.

Josh I dont mind the cold very much and am quite used to it, and I have all the high tech keep warm clothing, but after just walking across the parking lot to get into school for morning practice....with the wind whipping a negative 5 temp air mass.....I wouldnt want to be out there today at all

I'm getting the same report from my wife in Beaver Creek. They have had 19" in the last three days, but she says it's so cold it's just not worth getting out.

I'm flashing back to the time I was a fairly new and enthusiastic Northeast skier and I'd try to get as many runs in as possible. I actually tried to ski Gore Mountain on the weekend that the cold temperature record for New York State was set (55 below). On a beautifully sunny day, the wind-chill at the top was 105 below! I took one very cold run and called it a day.

your son had better be already up here...RT 70 westbound is closed....overturned tanker truck in Georgetown

Mike,
Thanks for the weather update. Looks great for skiing. Just keep the wind down please.........

well we are suppose to get into a more seasonable temperature pattern next week...many record lows have been set recently from here to Denver....if you guys were here this past week you definetly would not have been impressed

My son said it was not worth the drive due to cold, windy, whiteout conditions yesterday. But there was a foot of powder and some nice turns on North Rim. Detours both ways on I-70. He's meeting a college buddy tomorrow who's vacationing at Breck for another try. The weather should be easier to take. He's cleverly arranged his schedule for 4-day weekends.

not for love or money would I be out there yesterday or today.....I have covered parking where I live and it blew so hard that my car was covered in snow...a first.....the windows rattled all night.....never seen anything like this up here.....New England?...all the time..but not here