We're headed into the city for the weekend and have a few meals decided but were thinking of trying Brazilian for one Asian for another and Italian. W

vaw593

SBH Insider
Restaurant suggestions please

We're headed into the city for the weekend and have a few meals decided but were thinking of trying Brazilian for one Asian for another and Italian. We were curious to know if anyone has had a good pizza (coal or wood) Being from CT we prefer thin crust and love Pepes and Sally's. Any advise would be welcome.

Valerie

Re: Restaurant suggestions please

the orignal Rays, and Lombardis...both downtown...to me are the best that the City can offer...I think if you walk Mulberry Street in Little Italy and just check out menus....like St Barts...you cant go wrong

Re: Restaurant suggestions please

Ok - it's not Brazilian, Asian or Italian but Casa Mono is my favorite place in NYC lately. Spanish, tapas style on Irving Place. Great for lunch when it is less crowded. A Voce (Italian) is getting rave reviews as well but I haven't tried it first hand. Beppe (Italian) used to be a favorite but the chef left to open some odd Mexican thing.

PS - I love Pepe's white clam pizza.