Holiday outlook

MIke R

Senior Insider
everyone should be open by Wednesday the latest....Vail opened Friday so I went to check it out yesterday - before the fur, diamond, and one piece "snowsuit" crowd arrives next week ...LOL...it was very good....65 trails open..the Beav opens Tuesday...Breck, and Keystone are not only open but have at least 25 trails open..same with Copper and Steamboat...no snow in the forecast this week though....a little warmer then we want it....high forties....we are definetly in a not so typical dry, cloudless sky pattern right now...we didn't get the snow predicted for yesterday...hopefully that changes soon but its predicted to be this way through T Day...however..these are still as good conditions for November, as I can remember......

back east is a different story entirely....Waterville Valley was suppose to open this weekend ( the reason Wendi is there in the first place )...but warm weather and some rain did a number on what little snow was down...so they ve pushed the opening back to Wednesday...Killlington is open, but on very limited terrain

MikeR -- I talked to the owner of Golden Eagle in Beaver Creek last night and he told me they had lots of snow now but are concerned with how it will hold up in light of the expected warm temps. We'll see. I'm not too worried, though, since I had an emergency appendectomy Wednesday night and won't be trying to ski anyway!

wow...sorry to hear that...well its not so much the warm temps as it is the cloudless sunny days...the sun here at this elevation, as I'm sure you have found out, is every bit as strong as in the tropics.....right now there isnt a cloud in the sky, and although it was 5 degrees when I got up...it has already shot up to 28... we'll see....things change here faster then one can imagine