• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Amy and I just returned after almost 3 weeks on Island, and I must say that this was one of our favorite trips. The Island was quiet, and Hotels and R

phil62

Senior Insider
October Surprise

Amy and I just returned after almost 3 weeks on Island, and I must say that this was one of our favorite trips. The Island was quiet, and Hotels and Restaurants were re-opening almost every day. We ended up being first nighters at several places including Pa Cri, On The Rocks, and Le Gaiac. The new menu's are fantastic. We also visited many old favorites like Andy's, Rivage, Pipiri Palace, and Wall House. We had a very good dinner at Maya's with Rosita and Jean-Paul. And speaking of our favorite Island couple, they have done some fantastic renovations at La Baleine. Everyone has seen pictures of the new deck, which is even more fabulous in person. We spent 2 weeks in the villa, and enjoyed every moment. You can see Rosita's touch everywhere, and we REALLY enjoyed the new King size bed in the master bedroom.

The Island was very lush and green, obviously due to all the rain over the last couple of month's. Traffic on the roads was light, but starting to build up for the season. Most of the off season construction projects were either winding down or done.

We have been coming to St. Barth's for many years, and we always enjoy ourselves, but this time was made even more special because we were able to spend time with Forum members like Martin and Janine, Salem, Libby Troyer from Villa Haute Maison, and, of course, Rosita and Jean-Paul. We also spent a few days at the beginning of the trip at IDF, which has really been our hangout since we started coming to the Island. It was very gratifying to see the Hotel recognized as #1 in the Carribbean by Conde Nast. Well done, Mandy and Charles!!!

The trip back through SXM was not so bad at all. We used St. Barth Services because of all the horror stories we were hearing, and they did help speed us through, but the new terminal is really nice, and it's going to work out fine once they work out all the kinks. It is already a huge improvement comfort wise, and it's a whole lot better to look at.

We will be back in January, and look forward to seeing the gang at BillK's party at La Baleine.

Re: October Surprise

What a nice update, phil...enjoyed it and glad to hear a positive remark about PJIA...

Rosita and Jean-Paul are such a lovely, gracious couple...
Are you the same phil I met at BillK's this past Feb?

bev

I know, so did Bill and Cheri...but it's the best I can do as AA dictates our dates this year....maybe 2008....I'll still get to see rosita :)

bev

Thanks for the fine report! Sounds like you hit many of our favorite places. Two weeks gives you the option to explore the best tables on the island.

Yes Bev, that was us. We were there with Amy's brother and sister-in-law, so we didn't stay too long. This year will be different, as we will be alone, and we hope to linger awhile and meet everyone.

It was nice meeting you guys also. What a great sunset we shared, it is one of the best views all around.

M&J

Hi Phil62,

We will be there in late Jan, and well into feb. We love to meet people from SBHonline, so would like to converse with you.

George & Jody