Cape Ann Trip Report

andynap

Senior Insider
Mini-trip report.
We have been to Cape Cod, Nantucket, Maine but never Cape Ann so off we went up the Jersey Turnpike and over the GW Bridge with hardly any problems. It was Labor Day so that may be the answer. North on 84 we stopped to see Kara which I have posted already. Into Gloucester and the Bass Rocks Ocean Inn. I have to give Kevin a special mention here because he actually went up to the area and scoped out the hotels for me. There are no luxurious hotels in the area but the Best Western was an excellent choice- clean, on the water, king beds, all amenities in the rooms, WIFI, continental breakfast, and an super staff. The grounds keepers were constantly picking up and cleaning the grounds. I would definitely go back.

The first night I chose the Franklin Caf

glad you enjoyed yourselves...HADDOCK WITH CHEDDAR!!!!...are you crazy!!!!...thats heresey....LOL

Cape Ann is as wonderful as you describe...its Wendi's ol stomping grounds too.....

I simply pretend that GW/95 doesnt exist when I make my plans to either go up, or come down...what you experienced is really not a Friday thing..its an everyday thing....there are simply way way too many people living in that area of the world...the infrastructure is overwhelmed...how people can live like that is beyond any scope of comprehension to me....but to each his own

Andy -

I'm glad that the Bass Rocks Inn worked out for you. As you said, there are no luxury hotels in the area, but the Bass Rocks seemed to be the best of the available choices. I wonder what the piece of property next door where the Gloucester Elks Lodge sits is worth? It's got to be the most valuable Elks Lodge in the country!

Andy -

I'm glad that the Bass Rocks Inn worked out for you. As you said, there are no luxury hotels in the area, but the Bass Rocks seemed to be the best of the available choices. I wonder what the piece of property next door where the Gloucester Elks Lodge sits is worth? It's got to be the most valuable Elks Lodge in the country!

And the most used I'm sure. It was filled every day and night with people with beer bottles prominent on the tables. I don't know what they were doing but the 2nd floor looked like it was conducting a seminar on occasion.