If you are a BedBlogger raise your hand! August 24, 2006Laptop Slides Into Bed in Love TriangleBy KATIE HAFNERLARRY SMITH knows he is treading a fine

JEK

Senior Insider
Come on, admit it . . .

If you are a BedBlogger raise your hand!

August 24, 2006
Laptop Slides Into Bed in Love Triangle

By KATIE HAFNER
LARRY SMITH knows he is treading a fine marital line. Mr. Smith, 37, is the editor of Smith, an online magazine he founded, and he loves to work in bed at all hours

Re: Come on, admit it . . .

I would CLEARLY be looking at divorce number 3 if I even thought about it...which I wouldnt....I do however like watching TV, drinking a glass of wine, and creating mayhem in here with my laptop, and doing all that from the comfortable world of my recliner, during the evening hours

Battery problem not Dell's, now it is also Apple's

Now Apple has the same battery issues, perhaps the airlines will be prohibiting ANY type of laptop, whether in carryon or in the checked baggage:

Apple recall deepens Sony battery crisis
By Kevin Allison in San Francisco

Published: August 24 2006 18:23 | Last updated: August 24 2006 19:37

Sony

Re: Battery problem not Dell's, now it is also Apple's

QUOTE:"Now Apple has the same battery issues, perhaps the airlines will be prohibiting ANY type of laptop, whether in carryon or in the checked baggage: "

I have a Dell with a non-Sony battery- I even bought a longer lasting battery that is Not a Sony either.

We have two iBooks and we have noticed both of the laptops get unusually hot if we unplug them and use the battery for very long.

I have a Dell with a non-Sony battery- I even bought a longer lasting battery that is Not a Sony either.

Andy

How can you tell if the battery in your Dell is Sony or non Sony? I was just looking at mine and I can not find anything on it that would tell me who the manufacturer is.

Andy

How can you tell if the battery in your Dell is Sony or non Sony? I was just looking at mine and I can not find anything on it that would tell me who the manufacturer is.

If you can't tell it isn't. The word "SONY" is obvious. If it's made in China- like my 2 it isn't. Look on Dell's Home page- there is a graphic that shows you what and where to look.

Andy

Never mind - went to the website and while I still don't know who made the battery in my DELL, my battery is not subject to recall. But if you can tell me how to tell who is the manufacturer I would appreciate it - more out of curiosity than anything else.

george- mine is made in China- no name - just China.

george- mine is made in China- no name - just China.

Mine says Made in Japan so I suppose it could be a Sony battery - but anyway - mine is not on the recall list so I'm not going to worry about it. thanks