There is a new quad band phone in my future

JEK

Senior Insider
14765_MotImage.jpg

MOTOKRZR K1
Following in the footsteps of the revolutionary MOTORAZR phone, the new ultra-sleek MOTOKRZR introduces a new standard of stunning style and innovation. Sharp and sophisticated with a luxurious finish and detailed craftsmanship, the MOTOKRZR is the definitive mobile for individuals who have an appreciation for cutting edge designs. Within the MOTOKRZR phone

Yes, last year I upgraded my phones...researched everything in the world...monitored many a message board for phone geeks...interesting enough, these fabulous devices have one common problem: not enough battery power, continual charging issues...nor was that highlighted in the bit you put up on this thread about the MOTOKRZR...

Motorola has had a lot of problems with their "fantastic" Razr for a few years now, and lowered the prices accordingly...

I ended up going with the company that is legendary for the battery life and also the impact resistance of its phones...none other than Nokia, the boring little phones that now are getting more hip, but they provide what I need in a phone...the ability to make a clear phone call and a battery that lasts (how gauche!)...I have one that has had a full battery charge for a month so far...

Lauren,
It's not about the battery life, quality of calls or any of that stuff, it's about sleek, sexy and cool :)

My Razr matches my MacBook, matches my iPod matches my Centurion. Color coordinated :)

<<<My Razr matches my MacBook, matches my iPod matches my Centurion. Color coordinated :)... >>>>

...Bringing an entirely new dimension to the term, "Metrosexual"

I just got a Sony Ericsson Z542a World Phone. It's as small as it gets without sacrificing the keys and fits my needs to a tee. 12 hours talk and 16 days standby is more than enough.

I still have my tri band sony ericcson T 600...it's gotta be (gasp!) 4 years old, won't take pictures or download music, all it does is make calls when I'm outa the US and not in Asia.

Call me a curmudgeon...or even a Luddite....LOL

I love my Razr...and the battery seems to last forever...and Im on it 24/7

Hated the Razr, love the Pebble much more.

I have a BMW problem with my RAZR. When I use the Bluetooth capabilities of the AddressBook, Last Dialed, Speakerphone the battery life is measured in minutes not hours. The only way to use it is with the charger plugged into the socket. Methinks it is a German engineering issue.

How can you live with the Motorola UI? It's horrible.

It's a phone. It has a keypad and screen. Seems to work for me. Let me guess, you are Nokia kind of a guy :)

I dont know anything about specs and all that tech stuff...but I do know this

when I was on the annual "take Mom on a birthday cruise", cruise......late at night when the day was winding down and I wanted to call my wife....and we were in the middle of the Caribbean Sea, with no islands in sight except for a twinkle of lights in the distant horizon.....it was me and my Razr that was pulling a signal from somewhere far away and talking clearly to my wife....and everyone else, with whatever phones they had were not, because they couldnt....but they sure were asking me what kind of phone I had when I was done talking....also living in the mountains there are a ton of dead spots where phones dont work....my Razr gets a signal in most of these dead spots

good enough for me

How can you live with the Motorola UI? It's horrible.

It's a phone. It has a keypad and screen. Seems to work for me. Let me guess, you are Nokia kind of a guy :)

Not really, I would really love iPhone from Apple though ;-) Currently I'm using Nokia E60 as wi-fi, wlan and high resolution (over 320x240) displays in a small package are rather rare. Over the last couple of years I've used Nokia, Samsung and Sony-Ericsson. A few years ago I was about to buy the RAZR and was playing with it at the store, and eventually realized that e.g. text messaging was just too difficult on it and the screen was wasted as there was no decent browser available.

Nokia's UI has also lost a lot since the very beginning as they were adding features and the original, one of the best UI's mobile phones have seen, couldn't handle that many features gracefully. I don't particularly like it at the moment so everything really depends how fast and quickly I can use the most important features, e.g. contacts, messaging, browser, etc.

People's mileage may also vary, for many people they are much more than phones nowadays. I use mine more for other things than talking.