Flying in the US Today? Read this.

JEK

Senior Insider
Effective immediately by order of the TSA, passengers may not bring liquids or gels of any size at the security checkpoint or in the aircraft cabin - including beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, toothpaste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency. Such items may be transported in checked baggage. Passengers may have baby formula, breast milk, or juice if a baby or small child is traveling. Passengers may also have prescription medication labeled with a name which matches the name on the passenger's ticket, insulin, or other essential non-prescription medications. Beverages purchased beyond the security checkpoints must be consumed before boarding the aircraft. For further information, please go to www.tsa.gov. Thank you. TSA Release

Re: Flyin in the US Today? Read this.

YIKES! No hair gel? I guess I'm going to have to quit flying.

Remember the knife bin?It's now full of toothpaste

Just got a Blackberry message from a colleague in line at the TSA checkpoint at DFW. He had to donate all his toiletries to the bin!

Re: Remember the knife bin? It's now full of tootp

Darn! This means I have to leave all the Aveda amenities behind. Good thing I carried on some pricey Napa wine last week and not this one.

Darn! This means I have to leave all the Aveda amenities behind. Good thing I carried on some pricey Napa wine last week and not this one.

You just need to start using W hotels or book room at the various hotels attached to Aveda Spa's..

What does this mean for trying to carryon all that wine/liquor?

John,
They get checked based on the TSA site.

You just need to start using W hotels or book room at the various hotels attached to Aveda Spa's..

I don't pack shampoo, etc. since they are provided by those hotels. But now I won't take them back for my home collection. Another of life's little pleasures gone. All future wine country trips will also have to involve shipping. I had to do this anyway last week because we bought too much wine :-(

I just got off the phone with a friend that is a flight attendant. She said her and her crew just made it through security this morning before the TSA started snatching everything. They have been told that there will not be any exceptions made for flight crews. So people, expect your flight cres to look awful with no make up and have terrible breath because they can't even carry their toothpaste with them.

But, hey, we can bring our box cutters again!

J

If your friend is the friend I met, I'll bet that friend will find a way not to look or smell awful.

If your friend is the friend I met, I'll bet that friend will find a way not to look or smell awful.

It is, and she will, but not all of them will.
This knee jerk reaction is so typical and STILL nothing but window dressing. Until there is a standard the world over and ramp crews have to go through some sort of security, we will always be at risk.

It's just a good thing for you Tim, that you probably keep some hair gel at your place in Vitet. You'd be lost without it.
J