brought a tear to my eye . .

JEK

Senior Insider
August 4, 2006
Op-Ed Contributor
The Flags of Our Sons

By BILLY SHORE
Washington

WHEN you fly as often as I do you learn to mind your own business as soon as you take your seat. But that wasn

Having dealt with some of these issues before, all I can say is that my heart goes out to these parents. As we all know, the military and its families endure deaths during times of war. Alas, even peace is not safe, as hundreds of military members die every year even in peacetime (aircraft accidents, training accidents, etc).

For those who feel compelled to donate, here is a worthy organizations that provides support to families of fallen military members:

TAPS

no parent should ever have to bury their children...its unquestionably the cruelest hand one can be dealt......nothing else in life even comes close....regardless of what one thinks of this war.... both sides can agree that young lives being lost is tragic beyond words

thanks JEK...good article

<<Standing nearby was a man wearing the T-shirt of a suburban fire and rescue department that he may have earned 20 years and 35 pounds ago. He went over to the parents to chat, not knowing who they were, just one curious spectator to another.

But whatever he said to the mother caused her to turn and look at him in disbelief. Her lips didn