Where is Mike??????

andynap

Senior Insider
He was supposed to get stuck at the Philly airport and have dinner here. Never heard from him- made lots of shrimp scampi- ate it all- plenty of garlic. I assume he is now in P-town rubbing elbows or something. LOL

Mike is sitting in PTown Harbor right now having just watched a beautiful sunset after having had a great dinner of a steamers appetizer, and then scallops with pasta and olives and artchokes hearts, at his favorite haunt, Bubalas.......and is now sipping some rhum and getting ready for my 3 sold out trips tomorrow....it is insane in town right now .....sorry Andy but Scare actually performed well yesterday and got me to Providence on time......enjoy your weekend

Now that U.S. Air is not being managed by the management team of the former U.S. Air, I've noticed a big difference in their service. The fact that they made money in the first quarter had to help as well. Of course, my being upgraded for free on both flights yesterday has aided my relationship with them. BTW, both flights perfectly on schedule.

Tim: My feeling (and I discussed this extensively a year or two ago) is that Scair has been doing a lot of smart things for a while. I dont know what Wunderkind they brought in to shine the place up but the guy really bled wine from a stone. He extracted a lot of painful concessions from creditors and employees and he also revamped management. CLEARLY the new blood from Amwest has been a shot in the arm as well.

My gut feeling is that Scair is on its way to being a pretty nice airline. I have noticed better service with each passing trip.

IV,

It's my understanding they cleaned house at the former U.S. Air offices in D.C. area and that almost all the execs are now from America West. Boy, you can really tell a difference in employee moral from last year when they really didn't know from day to day whether they'd have a job.

I agree Tim. This last trip, I saw more smiles and quickstepping than I had seen in these planes since The Glory Days of Piedmont (he said wistfully)

sigh

Nostalgic? US has painted one of their Airbus aircraft in Piedmont livery. See the press release at USAir Press Release . They've done the same with aircraft painted in Allegheny and PSA livery.

The tail number of the A319 painted in Piedmont livery is N744P. You can find some images at jetphotos.net . Click on the small images there for a larger version. If this isn't enough of a nostalgia fix then you can probably find additional images by Googling N744P.

Well you guys that get on at CLT can oogle the new USAIR all you want but I for one don't like stopping when I used to go straight thru to SXM. The CLT stop gets me in after 4 and a chinese fire drill to get to Winair or AirCaraibes in time. That's the reason were are going AA to SJU-SXM next year.

Well you guys that get on at CLT can oogle the new USAIR all you want but I for one don't like stopping when I used to go straight thru to SXM. The CLT stop gets me in after 4 and a chinese fire drill to get to Winair or AirCaraibes in time. That's the reason were are going AA to SJU-SXM next year.

drive up to EWR.....stay at the Airport Marriot...and take the Continental out in the morning...be in St Barts by 2 oclock....seems like a no brainer to me

a beautiful star filled night on the harbor.....fresh grilled striper and grilled lobster ( not that Caribbean Spiny crap, but real lobster ) tonight....

Mike- I am not complaining about the AA route- it gets me to SXM by 2:30 so I can use SB Commuter.
BTW- we will be in Cape Ann after Labor Day so I will enjoying soft-shell lobster.