Something big going on in London today

JEK

Senior Insider
gb-eng.gif

This flag is flying everywhere.

Mon ami, try not to start any international incidents while over there. The Brits have been pretty good friends of ours, up until now. :)

I'll try not to yell too loudly for Portugal. You should standby for a late night in Vitet with the game starting at 9PM your time.

oh, I should have know, shouldn't I? It's sports again...

and I thought you were talking about another big thing, a party promising to take over the capital Europride

JEK: Today is the 90th anniversary of the battle of the Somme in which the Brits lost almost 20,000 men on this day in 1916.

God bless The Lads.

The flag that JEK has pasted is The Flag Of St George. It can properly be flown even today from Anglican churches and has served as a war flag for those who either were not nobles and others who did not have a chivalric crest to adorn their uniforms. It is a popular flag in England and is associated with church and fighting men.

The papers seem to be more concerned with the current events of the World Cup, Wimbledon, the Henley Royal Regatta and Le Tour.

I'll try not to yell too loudly for Portugal. You should standby for a late night in Vitet with the game starting at 9PM your time.

Jean,

I'll only have a late night if U.S. Air makes it so. Imouttahere today.

The papers seem to be more concerned with the current events of the World Cup, Wimbledon, the Henley Royal Regatta and Le Tour.

Indeed, that is probably the greatest honor that The Living can pay to those who purchased their freedom. Wave the flag and then live full and complete lives for those who are no longer with us.

Don't get me started about people in the US and their knowledge of geography outside their own country.... We watch Jay Leno here too, you know, and we've seen Jaywalking...

It would of course make no sense to fly the flag of Great Britain when it's the team of England that plays in World cup. Neither Scotland, Northern Ireland nor Wales qualified. Scotland ranks highest of them, # 59, according to Fifa
--------------------
<font color="purple"> Back in reality, cherishing memories of a dream that came true!
</font>

Don't get me started about people in the US and their knowledge of geography outside their own country....

It's always fun to watch people when you said you're from finland, you can literally see their brains working on where the hell is that ;-) (* At some point they may realize it must be cold out there. Or perhaps they're just betting on a 50-50 chance and counting on the blonde looks.

PS. Portugal just won against England, rather unentertaining game..

*) Not that it wouldn't happen in Europe, years ago I had a UK-born colleague in Germany who didn't know it either.

It's always fun to watch people when you said you're from finland, you can literally see their brains working on where the hell is that ;-)

Finland? That's a real cool diving and snorkelling resort in Florida. EVERYBODY know that.

Geez.

Finland? That's a real cool diving and snorkelling resort in Florida. EVERYBODY know that.

I remember seeing that name in an orange juice carton, is it part of Nestle or Danone?

Flag of Florida looks a lot like flag of England turned 45 degrees..