I wonder if our Scandinavian friends would comment on whether this is truly a common method of opening beer bottles. short video from Helsinki

Re: How to open a bottle of beer the Scandinavian way

Dang I'm disappointed. I thought it was going to be a reprise of the European woman with the very strong cheeks.

As one of the stupid-party-tricks I have seen it done. And I have seen a guy fail, and accidently open the other bottle...

I don't think there's anything especially Scandinavian about it. A friend of mine uses his lighter, another the edge of a table top, my dad his engagement ring. The latter technique is not to be recommended. After using it as a bottle opener for years the ring ended up D-shaped. Who knew...

One of the youtube-viewers supplied a link to some other techniques

LOL
I like your new line

--------------------
Andy the Stalker

This would be the key to a conveniant method for beer opening. Now if we only could get the fianc

Just put a diamond on top and it's double duty.

More to my tastes . . .

More to MY tastes :)

How to #1

How to #2

Pm-Saber.jpg

Re: More to my tastes . . .

We have that silly ritual here on Bastille Day when Georges Perrier, proprietor of world renowned Le Bec Fin, drags out his rusty sword and decapitates a bottle of Dom.

Re: More to my tastes . . .

humpf

show offs!

(and it has nothing to do with the fact that I have neither Dom nor sword)

Re: Another way to open beer

I don't even like beer, and yet to me that method seems really stupid...

Do these collage guys spend years perfecting the most stupid human trick, don't they ever study?

Exactly what I got :)

It's just, with all the stupid human tricks out there, I hope someone is doing their homework or this world is going down the toilet...

If there is any way to drink beer really fast, the college kids will find it. A friend of mine went to St. Joseph's College and told me of a way to literally guzzle a can of beer by opening both top and bottom at the same time and it explodes in your mouth. What a BURP that must be- yuck.

K: You might enjoy reading 'I am Charlotte Simmons' by Tom Wolfe for a portrait of current American college life drawn in caricature. He is a keen observer of the social scene and pays particular attention to slang, cliques, mores, and the ecology of a modern college campus. The interactions of intellectuals, athletes, fraternities, professors, coaches, and females are delicious. It will put the beer trick into perspective.

If there is any way to drink beer really fast, the college kids will find it. A friend of mine went to St. Joseph's College and told me of a way to literally guzzle a can of beer by opening both top and bottom at the same time and it explodes in your mouth. What a BURP that must be- yuck.

I prefer a beer bong . . .
577_m.jpg