The following article in today's CNN on-line.http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/15/jayz.cristal.ap/index.htmlGuess there will be plenty availabl

Re: cristal champagne in big trouble

"It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the 'hip-hop' culture as 'unwelcome attention,"' Jay-Z said in a statement released Wednesday. "I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various brands including The 40/40 Club nor in my personal life."

Rouzaud should borrow Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner and hang it from his office building.

don't know if i'd categorize Jay Z's remarks as causing BIG trouble for the brand....interesting to see how their market share fares as the year goes on.

Then again, I don't know if I'd want MY upscale, luxury brand associated with rappers, either....Friend of mine used to run Hot 97, "the" rap station in NYC...after a number of shootings outside the offices in the w village, the landlord is suing to evict the station...

on the other hand, Cadillac has done well with the Escalade, right?

(and enough with the gratuitous Bush bashing, please)

on the other hand, Cadillac has done well with the Escalade, right?

Yes and no - while it has become the apparent vehicle of choice for the rappers and wannabe rappers, how many other people are NOT buying Escalades because they do not want to be associated with the rap culture etc? My wife's stepfather worked for a Cadillac dealer and I drove one over a weekend and nice vehicle but I am 99.99% certain I wouldn't buy one.

My 19 year old daughter was after me to buy a bottle or two of cristal champagne while down in St. Barts this past month to take back with us. The price was good there...only 130 Euros...told her she could buy it herself if she wanted it that bad...she didn't!

QUOTE:"(and enough with the gratuitous Bush bashing, please)"

Why? Truth hurts? Of course, that's something they wouldn't understand anyway.

Friend of mine used to run Hot 97, "the" rap station in NYC...after a number of shootings outside the offices in the w village, the landlord is suing to evict the station...

I don't know who owns the building now, but when I did a project there in 1999 - 2000 I was told that it was the NY District Council of Carpenters. There's some really nice wood in that lobby, so it may well have been owned by the union. One of the nice things about working in that neighborhood was the quality and variety of restaurants that were close by.

Although I remember more than one day when there was a row of black Suburbans (pre-Escalade days) parked out front, I must have worked there on "No Shooting" days.

<<QUOTE:"(and enough with the gratuitous Bush bashing, please)"

Why? Truth hurts? Of course, that's something they wouldn't understand anyway.>>

hey, I object to GRATUITOUS bashing...

Gee, here's a new contest....who's more credible, POTUS or a LAWYER?
Cmon, Andy, there's more damn lawyer jokes than Bush jokes, and you KNOW it.

QUOTE:"Gee, here's a new contest....who's more credible, POTUS or a LAWYER?
Cmon, Andy, there's more damn lawyer jokes than Bush jokes, and you KNOW it. "

True -but the lawyer jokes are just that- the Bush jokes aren't jokes.

Of course, this begs the question:

If not Cristal, what? There is only so much Hennessy you can drink and still be walking.

I am trying to imagine Hip Hop without CristAL.

Yo, pumping down the rue
Just me and my crew
Looking for da wimmens
Gonna stick it to

Staying out till trey
Pumpin all the way
Got my gameday sway
Throwing down Andre

Andre? Well, there you have it. I think Hip Hop needs CristAL more than CristAL needs Hip Hop.

And don't none of you Homies start rhyming with Cold Duck.

Let's not go there.

I'll start it and perhaps some of the creative geniuses on this forum can continue it?? LOL

Have a glass of Cold Duck
You can buy it for a buck

Leave the cristal to the rapper
or that dapper andynapper

I'll start it and perhaps some of the creative geniuses on this forum can continue it?? LOL

Have a glass of Cold Duck
You can buy it for a buck

Leave the cristal to the rapper
or that dapper andynapper

So if you want some luck
Pump the wimmens with cold duck

It's what The Player's buy
When they want to be real fly

Re: Pol Roger

Oh, okay.

Peace, word, out

02187299.jpg