About once a year a new face (handle) emerges on the SBHOnline scene to stir things up. DavesMom comes to mind. Our lovely thirty-six-year-old-six-fig

JEK

Senior Insider
New blood . . . .

About once a year a new face (handle) emerges on the SBHOnline scene to stir things up. DavesMom comes to mind. Our lovely thirty-six-year-old-six-figures-lawyeress has captivated and agitated (Napper are you listening?) the place. Just when I was lamenting the loss of IV (who still walks amongst us) enter the HOWL. I am wo-MAN and hear me roar!

Re: New blood . . . .

Jean,

I agree and like your topic, but may I be permitted to ask a question about more experienced fluids of life(not old blood, for sure)? A good friend of mine is approaching 3,000 posts on this site, and I was wondering if mon ami has any special plans for the big 3000 .

Tim- When Jean hits 3000, he's looking forward to having Mike stop referring to him as "the new kid".

Of course, that's your opinion, to which you are entitled. This is supposed to be a site of information not make- work or the whim of a bored lawyer- present company excluded of course. As Frank Sinatra said famously in From Here To Eternity- "Only my friends can call me wop"- no one can make up nick-names against the wishes of the other- no matter how cute is may seem. If I really wanted to be mean- heaven forbid- there is an anagram I can use that would get me banned- but it might be worth it. At least IV was smart and witty. If you think this is taking his place you are doing him a great disservice.

Awww... thank you JEK/ Jean!! Please call me "Howler" though, as given to me by Napper, yet modified by Eddie! I have become addicted to this site over the past couple weeks, and to the lively banter on here, fueled by the longstanding SBH addiction.

Who has 3000 posts approaching??

Whooaa... that was rude enough; can't imagine what the anagram might entail. Are there some IV-related factions present here amidst you all? No one's ever accused me of lacking wit or intelligence, so I'm highly offended. What the heck crawled up your a$$ and left animosity there, AndyNap? It might not take as much to drive me off the board, so your wish could be 1/2 fullfilled already. Or is it simply that you'd like me better if my "A" stood for .. Anthony, Albert, Andrew, Arthur- take your pick- it doesn't matter- point made.

Of course, that's your opinion, to which you are entitled. This is supposed to be a site of information not make- work or the whim of a bored lawyer- present company excluded of course. As Frank Sinatra said famously in From Here To Eternity- "Only my friends can call me wop"- no one can make up nick-names against the wishes of the other- no matter how cute is may seem. If I really wanted to be mean- heaven forbid- there is an anagram I can use that would get me banned- but it might be worth it. At least IV was smart and witty. If you think this is taking his place you are doing him a great disservice.

AndyNap,
As an officer of the court of Pennsylvania and SBHOnline, I would implore you to consider charity and benevolence in your actions and tone of voice. Civility in cyberspace and your daily intercourse are most becoming to a gentleman of your stature.
Jean

QUOTE:" No one's ever accused me of lacking wit or intelligence"

Maybe you should reread some of your posts and some responses- really carefully.

Whooaa... that was rude enough; can't imagine what the anagram might entail. Are there some IV-related factions present here amidst you all? No one's ever accused me of lacking wit or intelligence, so I'm highly offended. What the heck crawled up your a$$ and left animosity there, AndyNap? It might not take as much to drive me off the board, so your wish could be 1/2 fullfilled already. Or is it simply that you'd like me better if my "A" stood for .. Anthony, Albert, Andrew, Arthur- take your pick- it doesn't matter- point made.

Howler,
As an officer of the court and SBHOnline, I would implore you to consider charity and benevolence in your actions and tone of voice. Civility in cyberspace and your daily intercourse are most becoming to a gentlewoman of your stature.
Jean

Mr. Nap~ I don't care to cause grief or create enemies. I am simply "a lawyer" who likes to have fun and who is very young at heart and a little silly at times. I don't feel I should have to defend myself further as to my intelligence on a message board devoted to leisure and travel. My presence will be reduced by at least 50% after June 9th, so if you could tolerate me until then, I'd be most appreciative. ; ) I understand you've been posting here a looong time w/ these gents, and I've been rather... precocious? And here today I thought you liked me by coining "Howler" for me... : (

It's andy- and truce. The problem started when you posted your salary- that's a great big NO NO here. At least John can sleep tonight.

Okay, really, I can handle the confrontation. I rather understand where AndyNap is coming from... as I had been posting on a ~cough~ astrology ~cough-cough~ board for a long time and had forged a few friendships on that site over the course of several months, just cyber friendships, and a couple of new people came on and started posting, and alot of it was silly posts for entertainment and not informative discussion about the topic at hand. Long story short, I got annoyed and took offense in a similar manner as AndyNap has, so I understand.

Re: Know

Okay, that was very funny, Jean. Was that a "distractionary" measure?? So clever.

My last post for the night.

--------------------------

Howler~~out~~

OK, now that you guys have kissed, and made up, can we get back to our normal routine-annoying MikeR? (that was a gift to Bill).

...alot of it was silly posts for entertainment and not informative discussion about the topic at hand....

Howler,

If we're going to apply that standard, a lot of us are going to be in trouble, certainly not me but some people I know. :)