I need some killer information on things to do in Montreal over two days in early June.I'll be with a group of 12, all related by blood or marriage, a

Gretchen

SBH Member
Montreal

I need some killer information on things to do in Montreal over two days in early June.

I'll be with a group of 12, all related by blood or marriage, a sort of "The Griswolds take on Montreal" kind of thing. The hotel is all set, and dinner reservations are made. What cool stuff can I offer the troupe for things to do during the day? Please, people, make me look good with my in-laws!

Gretchen

Re: Montreal

What types of things do you and your family like to do? There are SO many things to do there, that a few days really isn't enough. On of my favourite things to do in Montreal is just walk around downtown and Old Montreal. It's got such a pulse to it. All kinds of cafes and things to do and see.

There is also Mont Royal....absolutely BREATHTAKING, and a great park to walk through.

The theatre district and nightlife is also great there. Hopes this helps you some.
J

Lloyd,
I've never been to Montreal but, among artists, there is often talk of an area there where artists are allowed to display, and sell, in the streets. I hear it's a vibrant arts community and, worth a visit. Do you know anything about this?
BTW, Leonard Cohen is a good choice. You can also listen to Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and Gordon Lightfoot. They all played coffee houses there, early in their careers.

Eddie
Those others are all good Cdn musicians, but with no real connection to Montr