• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Hey there experts!Wanted to know if there are any reviews out there for Villa Rosalia in Gustavia? I am booking for October, and was curious to know a

lollipop

SBH Member
villa Rosalia

<font color="green"> </font>
Hey there experts!

Wanted to know if there are any reviews out there for Villa Rosalia in Gustavia? I am booking for October, and was curious to know any facts! Good or bad!
Thanks all! :)

Re: villa Rosalia

Give this some thought. Are you a "Townie" or and "Off the Beatten Path" person? I'm an off the path type so town would not be my choice.

For the past 4 Marches, we've stayed in Gustavia at Villa sky Vista.It's located above Rosalia and faces the ocean.In Nov.Dec. we stay above St.Jean at various places, and we've also stayed in Colombier,Anse de Cayes,Vitet,Petit cul de Sac,Saline,etc.Gustavia has it's good points.It's fairly quiet on the far side of the harbor, and walking distance to shops,restaurants and bakeries.The harbor is really a beautiful view as well.The villa looks very nice, and I would enjoy the covered porch.You aren't going to have the afternoon sun on the pool, if that matters to you, but it looks lovely to me.

Thanks for the information!
We stayed in St jean in the fall before and the mosquitos almost ate us alive! I was looking to be in a better locale for that problem, so opted for town. What would you reccomend for this time of year, IE location or villa.

What time of day will we loose sun? No sunsets I guess? How Is the view at night? Is this villa private? I mean can you see the pool from other villas? I was told "no" and was told we would have sun most of the day! mmmmmmmm.

lollipop -

Did you stay in Rosalia last fall? How was it? We are considering a stay there this coming winter. Please let me know.

Any other suggestions for "family villas"? We will be traveling with 2 small ones and would like to walk into town some evenings rather than strapping them into the carseats.

Thanks!

dwl,
I don't know if this will be soon enough for you, but we will have friends staying in Villa Rosalia when we are on the island in June, so I can report back or answer any questions then....

I do, though, wonder how old your young children are with respect to walking into town in the evening. We have stayed at Villa Sky Vista, which is just behind Villa Rosalia, and it is quite a hike from there down to the harbor. It involves a very steep hill and/or multiple steps....Just something to think about. Personally, we love staying on the "Pointe."

Toni

Thanks for that input. I didn't realize it would be a difficult hike. I am looking at various other options!

Thanks.

Thanks for the information!
We stayed in St jean in the fall before and the mosquitos almost ate us alive! I was looking to be in a better locale for that problem, so opted for town.

If avoiding skeeters is your primary decision making factor I would not necessarily agree that moving in town will solve the problem. The skeeters were just as prevalent during our last trip (stayed in Villa SAT in town) as on prior trips. It seems to me the best course of action for avoiding skeeters is going to a higher, breezier location. Our most skeeter-free villa was high above Flammands. That said, we did really enjoy the in town location and experience for a variety of other reasons