I don't know what the weather is like in your part of the world, but it is so darned cold here in Toronto ! We've had cold temperatures and rain all

DebTor

Senior Insider
Weather....

I don't know what the weather is like in your part of the world, but it is so darned cold here in Toronto ! We've had cold temperatures and rain all week and just half an hour ago, a few showers, hail and a bit of snow. Now the sun is out, but its cold. I've got the heat on in the house, I'm in sweatpants and long-sleeve sweatshirt. Dying to get out in the garden as its a jungle out there, but the ground is too wet to do anything. So what does one do on a day like this ? Take out the photo albums and look at photos from past St. Barts trips and wonder what Gayle and Michael are doing right now in sunny St. Barts. Is it too early in the day for a vanilla rhum ? :))

DebTor

Re: Weather....

It's chilly here in Philly, too. Sunny but chilly - maybe the high 60's. I haven't been warm since we got back on Saturday. Jeans and a long sleeved shirt today - and these darned shoes...

Deb, isn't always five o'clock somewhere? When you made your post, it was actually 5 pm here, so vanilla rhum would be fine at this hour :)

As for temperatures, I think you're kind of sissy both of you ;) You just been spoiled by those Caribbean mild breezes... you should have stayed here in the north. My kid just ran out the door to go lie down in the grass. It's 55 F or 13 C. And we're not even close to the Finns, check out Petri's statement in the European section

another perfect day in paradise here....65 degrees....20% humidity...not a cloud to be found...nor a breeze....skiing was good first thing this morning for an hour or so until the spring sun softened it all up..the tennis courts are full..the golf course is full...and the streams are lined with fly fisherman....happy locals playing in the sunshine because....nary a tourist to be found

http://users.tkk.fi/~mniemi/hell/

.. right now it's chilly at +13 C, cloudy but no rain. Early this month it was for 10 days very nice between 20..25C and sunny, plenty of cabriolets top down.

Overall the weather has been pretty cold this spring, luckily we didn't have any -30C weather this winter and the amount of snow was normal. Spring was couple of weeks late, the sea didn't loose the the ice cover until late last month.

Deb, it's sunny and 80 here...we had the rain and cold for an entire week and this is our most beautiful day in a couple of weeks (and this is the day the mulch guys come and take all day to finish preventing much pool activities). We have a chance of rain all this coming week but at least temps are supposed to stay warm. Anyway, hope the hot sun comes your way soon.
Cheri

Mike- just to think I was there this time last year when Afleet Alex was winning the Preakness. Can't believe what happened to Barbarao- poor thing. They operated at New Bolton close to here this afternoon- no word yet. The place is run by the University of Pennsylvania Vet School- can't get any better than that.

Andy...that was really a heartbreak to watch...the jockey did an amazing job slowing him down without hurting him even more...Im glad they didnt have to put him down.....its all speculative now but I think he was a lock for a triple crown..especially given the type of horse he was, a strong come from behind finisher really favored him for the longer Belmont distance....but we will never know...now the only thing worth anything on that poor horse is his sperm

was it really last year we did lunch up here???..I thought it was 2 years ago