Seems that the USA military has come up with a new formula for compensating their officers. No longer will they be paid based on rank and years of s

onebigdawg53

Senior Insider
new military compensation plan for officers

Seems that the USA military has come up with a new formula for compensating their officers. No longer will they be paid based on rank and years of service etc. Effective immediately they will be paid on the basis of a bodily measurement multiplied by a factor of usd 1,000 divided or multiplied by a secret number which depends on which bodily measurement is chosen.

So, the first three officers to be interviewed for the new salary plan enter the office.

The first one, a captain, receives the explanation and since he was a bit on the chubby side, he decides to choose his waist measurement as the basis for compensation. He is measured and had a 40 inch waist which they enter into the computer and out comes his new compensation - usd 62,000

The second one, a colonel, receives the explanation and since he was tall he decides to choose his height measurement as the basis for compensation. He is measured and was 6 feet 5 inches tall, that's a total of 77 inches. They enter into the computer and out comes his new compensation - usd 87,995.

the third one, a three star general, receives the explanation and after some thought he decides to choose the distance between the tip of his penus and his balls. The interviewer was appalled that a three star general could be so dumb and explains to him that the shorter the distance of the measurement, the less compensation he would receive. The general insisted and so they had him drop his pants so they could measure. Well, to their astonishment, the general had no balls and so they asked him "But general, how can we measure, where are your balls?". The general replies, "I left them in Vietnam".

Re: new military compensation plan for officers

Definitely not a Good Friday joke and it doesn't count as a Friday joke.

[/quote]

Only if you spell penis correctly.

[/quote]

so what is the plural for penis -

[/quote]

[/quote]

the general was deformed?!

then he had penises. or penes. depending on how english/latin you want to go.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice try george.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Penes ?? I thought that was a type of pasta. Is that correct Andy?

[/quote]

[/quote]

hrm, not to take anything away from andy, he might very well know his way around pasta, but i would trust someone in the medical community over a lawyer when it comes to anathomy latin. where is iv when you need him?

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's Penne- and I think I know as much medicine as a lot of docs- Surgery anyone??? Anyway here is the scoop:

What is the plural of "penis"?
13-Jan-2004

Dear Straight Dope:

What exactly is the plural of penis? I would say penises, but it seems too simple and obvious. Is it penis, like deer, or maybe peni, like fungi? --Sissy, Emerald Isle, NC

SDSTAFF bibliophage replies:

If you have more than one, you should be writing to Ripley's and not to the Straight Dope. Heck, Sissy, if you have even one, the first thing you should do is change your name to Buddy.

In this case, your first instinct is a good one. The English-style plural is usually acceptable and often preferred. When you don't know what the Latin plural is and don't have a dictionary handy, you should choose the English-style plural rather than try to guess. (Sometimes even dictionaries will steer you wrong; see below). In your example, penises is a perfectly good plural of penis in English. Many people who deal with penises professionally use the Latin-style plural penes instead. That's fine too, but even among urologists, penises seem to predominate. Seems, rather. "Penises" seems to predominate."

you guys know nothing

the plural of penis is.....gang bang

Quote"so what is the plural for penis - "

peonies - but only in June

Quote"so what is the plural for penis - "

peonies - but only in June

Ours are blooming now. Is it still snowing up THERE?

Is it still snowing up THERE?

No and my igloo has started to melt - bummer.