Bob Marley

elsie

SBH Insider
Today is the 25th anniversary of his death.

"My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music go on forever." Bob said in 1975. Consider playing one of his songs today.

yup....twice..Beacon Theater and MSG in NYC....incredible....also saw a great documentary which showed lots of live performance footage at the St Barts Film Festival a few years ago, under the stars, in the tennis courts at L'Orient, which didnt suck at all

anyone here ever see Bob live? if so,share??
Here he is at Le Select ;-)
lH0NN4DE2NZVo3X58LBgbkX5IuJ78LLT0300.jpg

I keep wiping my glasses but it is still blurry. Who is it supposed to be? Of course it could be Jimminy Bouffant- who would know?

uhmmmm...well lets see...lets start with....one dude is black, and one dude is white.. blurry or not, that ought to give it away....LOL

Mike,you lucky bastard!! cant even imagine how kick ass they must have been..ive seen the Wailers a bunch of times,and they rock,but obviously not the same thing.. being old does have some advantages!!! lol

I can only wish I had seen him live. Has it really been that long? Many call Elvis the king. For me, that title belongs to Bob Marley. I never go anywhere without one of his CD's.

Mike,you lucky bastard!! cant even imagine how kick ass they must have been..ive seen the Wailers a bunch of times,and they rock,but obviously not the same thing.. being old does have some advantages!!! lol

I'll tell you one of those stories that can be categorized under "coincidence or not?"....my son was a Bob Marley freak....even named his dog Marley in honor of Bob....well both he and Bob are passed away...and my sons favorite Marley tune was "Redemption Song"...so I get in my car the other day when it was Marleys anniversary day, and turn on the Sat radio, and whats on the radio as I turn it on???....Redemption Song.....freaked me right out.....and that happens all the time...I'll be toolin down the road, and I have a picture of my son up in the visor and I'll look at every once in a while and say "talk to me, will ya?"...and inevitably a Marley song will come on within minutes.....its weird stuff I tell ya...its that Marley whodoo voodo....LOL

"emancipate yourselves from mental slavery...none but ourselves can free our minds"

a great line from a great song

The next line has always mystified me:

Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them can stop the time.

Maybe he's saying 'don't be a luddite - go with the flow'