Thread: On our previous trips we've seen the sign on the road toward Columbier for horseback riding. I have never heard anyone say they did it or what it was like, the costs, etc. If anyone has any info on

SBH Member Joined: Jun 2004 Kansas Posts: 150

Horse back riding

On our previous trips we've seen the sign on the road toward Columbier for horseback riding. I have never heard anyone say they did it or what it was like, the costs, etc. If anyone has any info on it let me know. It might be something I'm intersted in trying this trip. Tim you know anything about it?
    Gary and Sharman

SBH Member Joined: Jun 2004 Kansas Posts: 150

Re: Horse back riding

No one has any knowledge of the horseback riding on the island?
    Gary and Sharman

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2004 virginia Posts: 6,890

Gary,
    I'm not a rider but, I do recall some ads for horseback riding while there. Check the info outside the airport when you arrive.
    BTW, May is looking a bit slow for gatherings. You should come back in June with the rest of us......
    www.stbartsphotos.com
    Facebook EMH-Photography

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2004 virginia Posts: 6,890

Gary- Drop a PM to Skateboard Phil. I think his daughter rides at Flammands.
    www.stbartsphotos.com
    Facebook EMH-Photography

SBH Member Joined: Feb 2003 centreville, delaware Posts: 24

Sorry for the late post.
    We were on the island at the end of March and went horseback riding at Ranch de Flamands. Nathalie has a riding ring for lessons or to rent as well as trail rides. The trail rides vary in length but primarily are along the roadways and the stone paths in the Flamands and Merlette area. They used to be able to ride to the beach but that has stopped due to the risk of accidents with cars.

Nathalie manages the property for someone and has horses of varying temperment and size. My daughter has been riding for 3 years while my wife, son and myself are total novices. Had a great time on a trail ride.

I would suggest riding early in the am or later in the afternoon, not only for your sake in the sun but also the horses.

PM if you have further questions.