I need to get some portable speakers for my powerbook, to use on my trip in June. I'd like something I can pack in the suitcase without worrying about

Eddie

Senior Insider
portable/travel speakers

I need to get some portable speakers for my powerbook, to use on my trip in June. I'd like something I can pack in the suitcase without worrying about them getting damaged. I assume I'll need them powered (either plug in or battery). Any suggestions?

Re: portable/travel speakers

Take a look on Ebay. There are some really small, flat speakers around.

Yo Eddie,

I suggest you check in with the maker of your powerbook and see what they recommend or one of the Techies at the computer store can fill you in on a number of choices. Once you have a list of sorts, I'm sure if you disclose it to this group you'll get an opinion or two whether we know what we're talking about or not.

Gregg

Yo Eddie,

I suggest you check in with the maker of your powerbook and see what they recommend or one of the Techies at the computer store can fill you in on a number of choices. Once you have a list of sorts, I'm sure if you disclose it to this group you'll get an opinion or two whether we know what we're talking about or not.

Gregg

There is only ONE maker of a PowerBook, Apple!
The link above is from their online store and thus highly endorsed by them.

OloLol

What I know about computers you can store on the pointy end of a pin! So .... I rely the wisdom of the better informed as you you must be.

fins up ~~^~/\~

I got a pair of killer sounding portables at the electronics store at the Shell station by the airport...they run either on batteries or the local 220....they sound great and they didnt cost a whole lot...I dont have to worry about converters or anything...just plug em in and connect my Ipod to them

OK, the search is over. I spent part of the day at a few stores, looking for travel speakers. I finally went to the Apple Store and bought the JBL On Tour. Works nicely with the Powerbook. Not a lot of bass and, certainly not the resolution of my home system but, quite listenable. It's only 6.75 x 3.5 x 1.5 and works with either batteries or plug (included). Has a little carrying pouch, too. If you're looking for something to hook your laptop or ipod to, check it out. $100 at The Apple Store but, I bet you could find it cheaper on line.

Eddie,

I have the JBL On Tour and it was great for the villa in St Barths...love it...Found it at Radio Shack or Best Buy for $99.

Bev

Bev- Have you used it with batteries? If so, how much time do you get from a set of batteries?

Eddie, yes we used only batteries in St. Barths...we didn't play it every day but for an hour or so several days... no problem and didn't use the backup batteries we brought...if you plan on using it a lot, I'd bring a backup set...they sound pretty good for such a small package. Enjoy!

Bev

Thanks Bev.
I have a back up set of batteries so, I won't worry. They do sound good for such a small package.