and yet another

MIke R

Senior Insider
great move from our visionary leader:

"Meanwhile, crude oil futures fell after President Bush said he would waive regional clean-air specifications for summer-grade gasoline in order to attract more imports of motor fuel to the United States."

yeah thats it baby!!....live for the moment...to hell wth tomorrow...

breath deep now....its all good!

listen eddie...you re being way too hard here..

clean fresh air and clean fresh water are waaaaayyy overrated......we can adapt....LOL

DISCLAIMER.........

this is not a political thread...this is a statement of concern over the life sustaining quality of the two things we need the most to live on this planet...air and water...which seemingly are being disregarded, so we may have more gasoline in our cars this summer...

I guess encouraging people to use less gasoline this summer instead of waiving clean air regulations so we may have more gasoline this summer, makes too much sense...LOL

When you're skiing on dark gray powder you'll sing a different tune..... LOL

funny you mention that...we actually skied on a pretty reddish powder for about a week this winter, but it was due to a natural occurence...there was a huge dust storm in northern Arizona that was of such a magnitude, that some of the dust was carried along the prevailing windstream and dropped onto our mountains here

I found it a bit ironic that he said stations involved in price gouging would be dealt with severely. No mention of the oil companies, though. I guess it's hard to discipline those that bought, and paid for, you.

Re: yet another/the history books tell it

Bush-bashers and buffs may be interested in an article in the respected historical journal, Rolling Stone. Sean Wilentz, a professor of history and chair of the American Studies Department at Princeton, explores the concept that Mr. Bush is "in serious contention for the title of worst (president) ever". Mr. Bush's comment about history: "we won't know, we'll all be dead" quoted by Wilentz, suggests the president will not be upset.

The link is
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9961300/the_worst_president_in_history

Re: yet another/the history books tell it

already read it as I am a regular reader of that magazine...

great article

When you're skiing on dark gray powder you'll sing a different tune..... LOL

funny you mention that...we actually skied on a pretty reddish powder for about a week this winter, but it was due to a natural occurence...there was a huge dust storm in northern Arizona that was of such a magnitude, that some of the dust was carried along the prevailing windstream and dropped onto our mountains here

Oh Sure! Blame us for your Polar Enviromental Problem. Some jackass Shale Oil miners probably dyed their dust red just to throw the GreenPeace WACKOS off the track.

ololol

Gregg

Gee, wanna lower gas prices, you lefty boneheads?

1. build more domestic refining capacity...the enviro-wackos have prevented the construction of any new oil refineries in the US for, uh, THIRTY YEARS.
2. DRILL ANWAR
3. Ease the current tariff on ethanol imports
4. reduce the complexity and number of 'special summer blends"...oh, wait, that means we gotta ski on black snow....

and furthermore, as a recent Forbes article points out:

(from Instapundit.com)

<<<<WRITING IN FORBES, NICK SCHULZ notes something I've been wondering about -- if high gas prices are hurting consumers as much as news accounts say, how come consumers aren't changing their behavior?

But what's more interesting about these stories is what they don't tell you. For example, the Associated Press reports that "surveys indicate drivers won't be easing off on their mileage, using even more gas than a year ago." Now why is that? If prices are rising, one would expect consumers would use less.

The answer might be in some of the long-term trends that the short-term media lens is too cramped to see. Energy prices may be rising, but energy itself is much less important to consumers and to the overall economy than it once was.

According to the Bureau of Economic Affairs ( see chart here), American consumer spending on energy as a fraction of total personal consumption has declined considerably since 1980. Whereas 25 years ago, one in every ten consumer dollars was spent on energy, today it's one in every 16. In other words, what it takes to heat and cool our homes and drive to and from our jobs and vacation destinations is relatively less costly than it was then.

This goes a long way toward explaining why even when gas prices rise this summer--higher than they were throughout the 1990s--people will still be driving more; it's much more of a value than it was a generation ago.

Heck, as I've mentioned before, people don't even seem to be slowing down on the Interstate. Go less than 85 in the left lane and you'll find some soccer mom in a Honda Odyssey flashing her lights behind you.>>>>>>

thank goodness there aren't enough of you types of people out there to actually make a difference!!....LOL

I'm heavily invested in oil and gas trusts and have been for 2 years now...so bring on the high prices...it will just make my retirement that much sweeter....my Subarus all get great mileage... and my homes are of reasonable size and extremely energy efficient....so... all things considered....I'm cool with it all..except maybe how it will effect my business and I can't control that anyway, so I'm not gonna waste time worrying about it..que sera...sera

<<thank goodness there aren't enough of you types of people out there to actually make a difference!!....LOL >>>

HUH?
what would you call the Prez, Senate, House, and for all intents and purposes SCOTUS??

Seems like enough to make a difference to me, Miker...LOL

<<thank goodness there aren't enough of you types of people out there to actually make a difference!!....LOL >>>

HUH?
what would you call the Prez, Senate, House, and for all intents and purposes SCOTUS??

Seems like enough to make a difference to me, Miker...LOL

based on their job performance??..I would call them soon departed and not to be replaced by more of the same!....LOL

Hey, from a fiscal standpoint, I'm as pissed at the GOP as you are...and I'm one of the guys they expect to re elect em!

Where's Newt when ya need him?

fiscal....foreign policy....healthcare reform....the "no child left behind" joke.....the environment.....

pick one....or two.....all the Dems have to do is have a person show up with a pulse next election....but I wouldnt go betting the lunch money on that happening either....LOL

where is an indeependent free thinking moderate with a business background, when you need him/her??

but hey, they got one thing going for them for sure...they got a Fox News dude as their spin doctor now.....LMAO

If Ross Perot weren't so geeky looking he might have a shot. Forbes- Goofy or Alfred E. Newman?? What a bunch. I have a theory that Bush has Bin Laden hidden away and will produce him the day before the next general elections.

If Ross Perot weren't so geeky looking he might have a shot. Forbes- Goofy or Alfred E. Newman?? What a bunch. I have a theory that Bush has Bin Laden hidden away and will produce him the day before the next general elections.

I agree on them as well....the geek patrol for sure....Jack Welch...that would be my pick...but he aint interested...

given all the corruption, lies amd manupulations we have had to endure, I would not be surprised at all if Bin Laden was caught around the time of the next election...not surprised at all

...as if catching Binny (the bad one, not "our" Binny) would make a difference at this point. He lives in caves and makes videos...sounds like a typical teenager...

...as if catching Binny (the bad one, not "our" Binny) would make a difference at this point. He lives in caves and makes videos...sounds like a typical teenager...

Yeah, the typical teenager that murdered 3,000 - including my brother. I, for sure, would like a crack at the bastard (that binnie not "our" binnie LOL).