Greetings to all of you scholarly sbhonlinersI have a Good Friday question, actually two questions.Good Friday is the day that Jesus was crucified and

onebigdawg53

Senior Insider
A Good Friday question

Greetings to all of you scholarly sbhonliners

I have a Good Friday question, actually two questions.

Good Friday is the day that Jesus was crucified and died on the cross - what was so good about it?

And, if that was a good friday, can you tell me what a bad friday must have been like?

Re: A Good Friday question

Ah George- it was Good so the son of God would die and then rise again to save all of us - the ones who believe anyway. It's also good because I take off that day every year.

george...catholics thrive on feeling bad, and feelin guilty...its what fuels them...and Good Friday packages those two emotions as well as anything

A "bad" Friday is if you are crucified and died on the cross AND your name isn't Jesus and you don't get to rise from the dead and join the heavenly Father in the Kingdom of Heaven. (Allegedly)

Good Friday gets it's name from Wall Street - the Friday before Easter was a banner day and was remembered thereafter as "Good Friday."

From a religious standpoint, it is the second Holiest day of the year, after Easter. That is according to Sister Julianne, my 8th grade Catechism teacher.

But if you have the day off, "Good" Friday just got Better...

but there's always killer Easter brunches at the various ski resorts to go to...and Easter chocolate....and the Italian tradion of roast lamb

so at least its all good for something

All good answers so far. But, the happy part is supposed to be Easter Sunday when Jesus rises from the dead - that's why we say happy Easter. Good friday is the bad part, the suffering, the crucifixion, the humiliation, and death. So,
other than the fact that andynap and many of us have the day off, what was so good about good Friday? And Dennis, if I remember my Bible studies correctly, the two criminals that were crucified with Jesus also went to heaven with him even through their names were not Jesus - I think Jesus said something to the effect that tonight you will be with me in heaven. So, you could get crucified and still go and join the Heavenly Father in the Kingdom of Heaven even if your name was NOT Jesus. So then, what is a "bad" friday like?

All good answers so far. But, the happy part is supposed to be Easter Sunday when Jesus rises from the dead - that's why we say happy Easter. Good friday is the bad part, the suffering, the crucifixion, the humiliation, and death. So,
other than the fact that andynap and many of us have the day off, what was so good about good Friday? And Dennis, if I remember my Bible studies correctly, the two criminals that were crucified with Jesus also went to heaven with him even through their names were not Jesus - I think Jesus said something to the effect that tonight you will be with me in heaven. So, you could get crucified and still go and join the Heavenly Father in the Kingdom of Heaven even if your name was NOT Jesus. So then, what is a "bad" friday like?

George,

Yep...you are correct...now I remember that. So, I guess a "bad" Friday would be no "WW" update...

First politics, now religion! IV ain't never comin' back.

I miss that 'ol neocon, bible belt pathologist

So, if you miss him, why don't you fellas send him a PM and ask him to please (even pretty please - or better yet pretty please with sugar on top) c'mon back.

And, if politics and now religion hasn't gotten him back, and AI hasn't been enough to bait IV to come back, what do we need to try next to get him to come back? Any ideas?

and the names of the 2 thieves were???

and does this mean nobody is posting Friday, or will we all do a "Catholic jokes" theme?

as the nun said to the bishop....

First politics, now religion! IV ain't never comin' back.

I miss that 'ol neocon, bible belt pathologist

So, if you miss him, why don't you fellas send him a PM and ask him to please (even pretty please - or better yet pretty please with sugar on top) c'mon back.

And, if politics and now religion hasn't gotten him back, and AI hasn't been enough to bait IV to come back, what do we need to try next to get him to come back? Any ideas?

Tried baiting him back with AI talk last night - no dice. And I only succeeded in annoying Erik and Binny... not that that's a bad thing.

The thieves names were Mike and bin.

Don't beg IV to return- we didn't do anything wrong. And if he insists on protecting Bush he is going to get in a snit again anyway.

george- only one thief made it up.

What happened to the second thief? And how do you know only one thief made it up, were you there? And if the second thief didn't make it up, it must mean that he made it down there - so how do you know that?- were you down there as well? LOL