Tony Lives!

Dennis

Senior Insider
While the overall episode last night was the weakest of the first three, at least Tony's stint in purgatory or wherever he was is over. From the previews, it looks like he

The dream sequence was a shark-jumper for me -- until the end and then it worked. Carm is onto Paulie and Vito. I suspect they will meet a timely end soon.

10 minutes into the show, my wife and I said basically the same thing. If they pushed it past last nights epsoide, it would have been way too hokey. Glad Meadow's voice(and the paddles of life) pulled him back from the abyss...

Yeah, I was asking Caroline if that what what it was like in intensive care when someone "codes" --- she said they had it perfect.
1) Chrstopher and Bobby lecturing AJ on how to behave?
2) What was with Silvio's wife wanting him to get a promotion?
AND Sill showing how much of a hassle it was, like when Johhny was lamenting to Tony about "being a Boss" and Tony said, "tell me about it"---love that stuff!
Hey, that's why Tony is the Boss.

I give JT, the writer, one more epsoide before Chris-ta-fur finally whacks him

I think the whole shooting was written in to develop (setup) Paulie, Vito, Meadow and AJ. Hopefully all the dreams are behind us and many body parts lie ahead :)

Spoken like a true Sicilian- Corleone would be proud.

Andy I dont know if you watch the show...some Sicilians are offended by it and dont...I'm not one of them...but if you watch it...have you ever watched a show that had the Sicilian slang down so pat???..I mean I'm hearing stuff I havent heard in ages...real down in the dirt slang..the kind that can't be found in any books but was born in the streets..... .you notice that?

Im over it....lets get back to killing people and commiting crimes

Smokin' three Columbians (not cigars) and stealing a dishwasher full of cash is not crime enough?

And how about Mr. Sensitivity Paulie Walnuts (now a very appropriate nickname) with the "Holy S***, he looks terrible!". And then he sits there and complains about how tough he has it while sitting with Tony. And the scene with him icing his cubes is too funny. And another one, "Hey, the ladies room is over there" to Vito in the john.

"Ho Ho Phineas Fogg is back in town!" I wouldn't have guessed Vito for a Jules Verne fan.

yeah I know but they got the slang down better then the Godfather movies or Goodfellas ... or any other one..... I sometimes call my mother up and say "hey Ma guess what I heard on TV last night?..havent heard it in years"....and she'll say "what?"...and I'll tell her, and she screams "WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP YOU PIG!"

too funny

I have to TIVO it and watch ot after Lena goes to bed because as Wendi says " I don't want her to have anything resembling a mouth like you OR them"

Justice Scalia gives a sign, but no finger

yeah I know but they got the slang down better then the Godfather movies or Goodfellas ... or any other one..... I sometimes call my mother up and say "hey Ma guess what I heard on TV last night?..havent heard it in years"....and she'll say "what?"...and I'll tell her, and she screams "WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP YOU PIG!"

too funny

Justice Scalia gives a sign, but no finger

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia used an Italian hand gesture when questioned by a reporter after attending church this past weekend.

The Boston Herald reported Monday that the justice made "an obscene gesture under his chin" - which prompted some online reports that Scalia had used his middle finger.

Untrue.

"It was a hand off the chin gesture that was meant to be dismissive," Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said.

Scalia, 70, is Italian and known for wisecracks in and out of court.

The sign he used in Boston is frequently used by Italians to express displeasure with someone - from mild to deep irritation. It is done by cupping the hand under the chin and flicking the fingers like a backward wave.

Scalia was leaving Mass on Sunday at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross when the reporter asked the justice if he had to deal with much flak related to his conservative Roman Catholic beliefs, according to the newspaper.

"You know what I say to those people?" Scalia said before making the gesture, according to the paper's account. "That's Sicilian."

The paper said that Scalia also said: "This is my spiritual life. I shall lead it the way I like."

Re: Justice Scalia gives a sign, but no finger

The Boston Herald says the gesture was obscene. The Boston Globe says the gesture was not obscene. What would Mike's Mom say?

Mikes mom would say not obsecene..that gesture is used all the time....

LOL..very true..we have such a flair for dramtic effect

AND, it's always accompanied by some sort of GRUNT-

Andy,
Did you see Paulie give the old cheek pinch to AJ Sunday night?