I keep saying to myself- at least they came back to within 4. Defense is keeping them in this game. If Ray and Foye were hitting they would be up by 1

andynap

Senior Insider
It's only a game- right?

I keep saying to myself- at least they came back to within 4. Defense is keeping them in this game. If Ray and Foye were hitting they would be up by 10. So........2nd half they better get better.

George Mason is running away from Wichita.

Re: It's only a game- right?

here you go Andy...12 seconds to go in the season...if I were BC i would go Triangle and 2

I will never understand why these teams dont zone inbounds underneath when its for the win....I just dont get it...its a no brainer to me

You did recognize that play as the one they beat Cincinnati with on a last second baseline inbounds play, didn't you? Al Skinner's comment was that he knew they didn't have any timeouts and he didn't think they had time to set up a play to get a good look.

The most difficult time of any basketball practice is when you are putting new plays into use. The players' attention wanes, and they would rather be doing just about anything else. Clearly, Jay Wright is able to hold their attention.

You did recognize that play as the one they beat Cincinnati with on a last second baseline inbounds play, didn't you?

I sure did.....same exact "pick the picker" play....about half the teams out there always zone un underneath inbound.....there are just SO many good inbounds plays that work well against man, and you already have the ball right under the basket...why risk it?.....zone up tight, it takes away all the screeninng action and the cuts to the basket are coming right to you to pick up, make the ball go outside, and now with 3 seconds on the clock at least the ball is 20 feet away from the basket instead of 2.....we dont neeed time outs to set it up...my kids know to immediately go 2-3 and the only kid whose back is to the action is the one nearest to the inbounder to make sure he doesnt slip through after the pass

The most difficult time of any basketball practice is when you are putting new plays into use. The players' attention wanes, and they would rather be doing just about anything else. Clearly, Jay Wright is able to hold their attention.

not in our practices....when we are teaching something new, as soon as eye contact is broken between us and the kids...we stop...and we run....

that gets us their undivided attention.. I can assure you of that...

Frustrating from BC fans' point of view is that a brain cramp also played a role in ending the Eagles' 2001 tournament - down by 3 vs. USC with about 7 seconds left, Troy Bell, a good 3 shooter, was pressured, passed to Kenny Harley who could have pulled up for a 3 but drove for a 2; a miss was followed by a Bell miss on a follow-up dunk(!) attempt. The post-game comments sounded the same then as now.

MikeR, if you are able to teach your kids to shoot free throws consider offering your services at the Heights next year. It seems some help is needed.

That said, 'Nova deserves much more credit than BC deserves fault.

free throws are easy to teach...anyone can do it....you just have to make it a priority...which most dont...we lead our league in free throw percentage everyyear....we have to....we dont have nearly the amount of great athletes that other teams in our league have..therefore it behooves us a lot to at least be able to make an uncontested fifteen foot shot.. we spend 45 minutes a day on making free throws under pressure and making lay ups when one of us is beating on the shooter with a blocking pad we borrow from the football team...most would say thats too much time...we aint listening...LOL....free throw shoointg unfortunatley is going the way of boxing out for most....out the door

free throws are easy to teach...anyone can do it....you just have to make it a priority...which most dont.......free throw shoointg unfortunatley is going the way of boxing out for most....out the door

I am the only person in america who believes the following, but what do I care? You guys can be wrong all yall wont and it wont change facts.

Long story short is that the three point shot has essentially ruined college ball. For all the "excitement" of everyone hollaring anytime a guy drains a medium range jumper, there are all the downsides. Inside players are being less developed these days as their two point dunks are not valuable anymore, nobody can slash for cash on the way to the moneyhole anymore and nobody needs to even worry about freethrows. Every team plans on hoisting up 15 - 20 three pointers every night. At most, they will get fouled on one or two of those - at most. Ergo, no need to be able to hit freethrows.

College ball has become numbingly scripted today. Have some guy dribble across halfcourt, three fellows go camp beyond the trey line, one fellow darts back and forth through the lane while The Campers throw the ball around the perimeter a time or two just to pretend they are "probing the defense" until the dribbler actually pretends to penetrate the lane before finally flipping the ball out to one of The Campers who hoists a trey.

If you take a video tape of a major league baseball game and run it in fast motion, you dont change the fact that nothing happened. It just didn't happen in faster motion on fast forward. Well that is becoming college basketball today. Not a lot of anything happening at a high rate of speed.

A great sport ruined.

The Three Point Shot is easily the worst thing that has ever happened to college basketball since bermuda-length gym shorts.

it just needs to be moved back to 23 feet....thats all...the players have pefected it to a point where it is not a very difficult shot anymore.....10 years ago it was a 30% shot....it is creeping up to a 40% shot for many of the better players now...

move the line back and make the key trapezoidal in shape and you will have leveled the playing field between the haves and the have nots...but then again...loooking at the parity....why fix what aint broken???

And raise the basket at least 2 feet please to get rid of those cheap dunks!

I think there is greater chance of changing the configurations of the floor over raising the basket...yes raising the basket would make it way more challenging for the big boys...but think about all these kids who have spent half their lives learnng how to shoot at a ten foot rim....

What are you people smoking? What 3 pointers and dunks?- most of the scores were in the 60s except Uconn which was in overtime. You want the scores to be in the 40s and 50s? Everyone will go to sleep. As we all saw- Villanova won because of their defense- not the 3s.

It's easy to readjust just like those driveway baskets you can buy. As your kid grows you raise the basket. Skills transfer easily.

What are you people smoking? What 3 pointers and dunks?- most of the scores were in the 60s except Uconn which was in overtime. You want the scores to be in the 40s and 50s? Everyone will go to sleep. As we all saw- Villanova won because of their defense- not the 3s.

whch is why I said given all the parity "dont fix what aint broken"...I see both sides of this debate

Josh.....it has been proven beyond any debate that adjusting a basket down for kids over the age of 10 is a very bad thing to do....get em on a 10 footer.keep em on a 10 footer, and make then adjust to it....its how I taught my kids...and they were both pretty good shooters....every year a kid over the age of 10 doesn't shoot on a 10 footer..is a lost year developmentally in tersm of shooting...none of the great ones interviewed ever shot on anything but a 10 footer

OK, wait a second, hold your breath...................Andy, I agree!

Villanova won because dumbass BC manned up on an inbound play under the basket...which takes nothing away from Nova, but thats how they won...I didnt see great defense from either team.....now Washington??..they played great defense last night.... unfortunatley half their starters fouled out and UConn took advantage of it

Let's see if we can come up with a basket game where the goal is at ground level. Sort of golf with action. No fair giving tall people an advantage.