Thread: is anyone really surprised???..they have been killed on the glass all year long and have not gotten back in transition all year long and finally someone made them pay for it....and Reddick going 3 for

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 51,935

Duke/LSU

is anyone really surprised???..they have been killed on the glass all year long and have not gotten back in transition all year long and finally someone made them pay for it....and Reddick going 3 for 17 didnt help either....I took Duke figuring they would wake up and finally get that fixed....but they never did...and their lack of rebounding is and was a complete lack of effort.....they assumed all their shots were makes and all the opponents shots were misses and someone elss ewould get the ball.....doesnt work that way, but I suspect Duke knows that by now;...Im likin my UCONN pick to win it all right now...but who knows?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2005 Annapolis Posts: 4,106

Re: Duke/LSU

I also picked this game as Duke's toughest before UConn (assuming they get to the end) and was hoping LSU would have been knocked out before now. Neither team played partcularly well but LSU had the energy at the end and Duke was passive so LSU deserved the win. Poor rebounding definitely hurt Duke but I'm surprised coach K didn't adjust in the second half to perimeter and mid-range shots when Shelden was no longer effective inside and others including Redick had their inside shots blocked. Kudos to LSU for a great win.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 51,935

Garrett Temple did an incredible job on Reddick...and their plan to double team Reddick on ALL ball screens and dare Reddick to instead of shooting off the double team, run a pick and roll off of it and feed the open screener, knowing he wouldnt do that..was a great plan....but that not getting back after the free throw and LSU hustling back and making alay up was pathetic...thats a sad way to end it...a coach can live with anything but a lack of effort is the most bitter pill to swallow....but that aint coaching....thats the kids not getting it done
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2005 Annapolis Posts: 4,106

Well, it's all water over the dam but Duke didn't do their ball-movement perimeter game. Longer shots were usually a result of desperation or a broken inside play rather than the result of a pass to the open man which should be available if Redick is double-teamed.

yup..cant cry over it now....Gonzaga /UCLA should be a good one next....here we go

Im lovin sittin in my recliner posting wirelessly over someone elses ISP too>>>LOL