Shame on me. I forgot to get the recap up. I would have thought by now that miker would have beat me to it. But, oh well.Last nite's show featured

Island Visitor

Senior Insider
American Idol

Shame on me. I forgot to get the recap up. I would have thought by now that miker would have beat me to it. But, oh well.

Last nite's show featured some really good performances, no doubt aided by the coaching the kids received from the legendary Barry Manilow (and, no, I shant be giving my Man Card back. If you fellows think you can take it, come and get it - LOL ;)

Hot:

Mandisa: The rizzle madizzle. She may win the thing

Chris: Not his best effort but this guy is a true frontman

Paris: Brought it home. Really has the pipes.

Katherine: That sultry/slinky move and voice thing even got Simon going.

Kellie: That naughty mynx.

Elliott: As we say around here, that boy can sang sang sang

Cold:

Kevin: Nice kid, hit the notes. But, come on...

Bucky: You could freeze fire on this guy. But, alas, The Nascar Faction are representing for him.

Lisa: Too cute, great voice but showed some weakness last night. I think she will be a pro, and that career may start very soon, alas. I like this gal.

Lukewarm:

Ace: Did a better job last nite. While I do believe that 30 million teenage girls CAN be wrong, they vote and I dont. Ace is safe.

Taylor: Last nite was his nite to bury some people and he didn't. There will be genres in which he will struggle and he gave aways his home court last nite. Developing...

Re: American Idol

Seems like too much to handle. I think I am glad I work late on Tuesday. I think the only two shows that interest me are The Soprano's and The Apprentice. After that I will leave the channel on NESN and listen/watch the RedSox during the season when I am home. That is unless the bride decides otherwise. NOT that it is not a good show. People seem to like it, it is all a matter of personal preference.

I'm happy to be classified as a teenage girl! MMMM...yum!
And despite the fact I am not a fan of JC or "Walk the Line", I thought Chris' rendition was original, recordable, commercial and simply fantastic.

Mandisa and Chris are the real thing. Chris' NIN-esque arrangement was brilliant.

Kevin needs to go. He's just out of his league.
Lisa: Doesn't WOW me. This is just another show for her; she'll do fine.

Taylor: Disappointing. Song choice, song choice, song choice.

Bucky: He's going to be out tonight.

Mandisa and Chris are the real thing. Chris' NIN-esque arrangement was brilliant.

That, of course, is the opinion of your children right?

IV, pretty much agree with your analysis. Chris...he is just smokin' hot, handsome and a wonderful singer. Ace is hot, and handsome but the voice is just not nearly as strong as some of the others. I really like Taylor as he is so different. But last night was not great--his blue suit and white shoes reminded me of Pat Boone. Uhh...no. Elliot is just ok for me but he is a good singer. Bucky and Kevin....they both need to go. The ladies are where the competition is really strong, with the exception of Lisa. Mandisa, Paris, and Katherine all just fabulous. Kellie even really brought it home last night. Either Bucky, Kevin or Lisa goes home tonight. But Kevin seems to have some kind of a strange cult "Kevin is sexy" following. So, it will probably be one of the other two. And Paula must be back on her pain pills...or something.

Shut up

I actually had to chuckle at myself for making a Nine Inch Nails reference in an AI thread. Kinda an oxymoron, don't you think.

Ummm... yeah, ya know, the kids were watching and nothing else was on...

I'm happy to be classified as a teenage girl! MMMM...yum!
And despite the fact I am not a fan of JC or "Walk the Line", I thought Chris' rendition was original, recordable, commercial and simply fantastic.

No doubt that Chris really kicked that song up. When I heard he was singing it, I went "uh oh" knowing that The Great JC usually stayed in a small vocal range, the kiss of death on this show. But Chris kicked up an Old School Country song to postmodern angst. He was a teeny bit off early on a little of the vocal but that was forgiven by his buttkicking finish. It was, in a word, brilliant.

I think Chris WILL be headlining a band someday.

I understand that Chris was doing a rendition of Walk the Line that has already been recorded by an another band (cannot recall the name of the band though). So, it wasn't exactly his own rendition. Even so, Chris can really sing. IV, if you haven't seen Walk the Line the movie, you should. Excellent.

Shut up

for a second there i thought you were andy. I guess when in rome...

Shut up

for a second there i thought you were andy. I guess when in rome...

I have a long way to go to live up to that one...

Giving the kids a Barry Manilow lesson. Ya know, he wrote some of the most memoralble commercial jingles. I forgot about that.

Well maybe Kevin will try out for the Red Sox next. It would make about as much sense as him being on American Idol. Yes, he could sing.....in a children's musical (sorry to your 6 year old John!).

Well maybe Kevin will try out for the Red Sox next. It would make about as much sense as him being on American Idol. Yes, he could sing.....in a children's musical (sorry to your 6 year old John!).

Alison cried herself to sleep. She finally settled when I told her that I would buy her the Season 5 CD once it is released, so I should buy me about six months or so.

Now my six yr old might be upset, but I'm not. He needed to go.