Sources: Cowboys, Owens have deal in principle12:41 AM CST on Saturday, March 18, 2006By JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning NewsIRVING

JEK

Senior Insider
Cowboys are betting that Parcells can handle TO

Sources: Cowboys, Owens have deal in principle

12:41 AM CST on Saturday, March 18, 2006

By JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING

Re: Cowboys are betting that Parcells can handle TO

this jerk will finally settle down,he's got to be out of chances,and good ol Bill will get credit..those two deserve each other.

Parcells will handle him...count on it....your Giants and Andys Eagles are definetly turning into NFC East wallflowers at this dance...the others are fattening up pretty good...it should be interesting

well,i dont know about that...g-men have signed about 5 DB's this free agent period..which was a major weakness...also signed a slew of in house free agents to be..we need LB's though...how does Washington,year after year,sign all these free agents? theyre always over the cap too,but it doesnt seem to stop them from spending...

well,i dont know about that...g-men have signed about 5 DB's this free agent period..which was a major weakness...also signed a slew of in house free agents to be..we need LB's though...how does Washington,year after year,sign all these free agents? theyre always over the cap too,but it doesnt seem to stop them from spending...

Snyder learned how to balance a budget from Bush

Cowboys announced it officially about an hour ago during a press conference from Valley Ranch. No details yet on the contract, but speculation is that there are a number of behavior-related clauses. The firestorm in the media has already begun, with an email article on the Cowboys' website. Can't wait to see the Dallas Morning News tomorrow! This story will upstage the tournament.

Cowboys announced it officially about an hour ago during a press conference from Valley Ranch. No details yet on the contract, but speculation is that there are a number of behavior-related clauses. The firestorm in the media has already begun, with an email article on the Cowboys' website. Can't wait to see the Dallas Morning News tomorrow! This story will upstage the tournament.
Wait no longer . . .

T.O.: 'I am a star among stars now'

10:22 PM CST on Saturday, March 18, 2006

By JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING

"As Mr. Jones answered another question about Mr. Owens' behavior, Mr. Owens interrupted him."

Jerry ain't gonna like that, but after the money he is spending, he'll keep it to himself.

Re: Rosenhaus

Unfortunately the biggest jerk he is off the field he is the biggest star on the field. I wonder how hard Brian Dawkins will hit him when he comes across the middle?

Re: Rosenhaus

In a story that involves Jerry Jones, Terrell Owens and Rosenhaus, I'm wondering which megalomaniac you want to be shut up?

Yes, it started last night and continues. Dallas Morning News front page (not the front of the sports page, but the FRONT PAGE) led with two feature articles, including the one by Taylor. Then the first page of SportsDay (the sports page of the DMN) is 80% covered by the picture of Jones and TO with the new jersey (a replica of which the Cowboys started selling on their website for $74.95 before the press conference ended). Inside there are another six features, not to mention the multiple pictures, charts, blurbs, etc. Then you have the requisite letters from the great unwashed who say they will boycott Cowboys football as long as TO is there. (Sort of like those fans who have never watched an NFL game since the strike?) Yes, the Cowboys now have a true deep threat. The question remains whether that threat is on the field or in the locker room. Rick Gosselin probably got it right in his column when he suggested that the Cowboys, like the Eagles, will get one great year while TO is on his best behavior, but then look out.

"As Mr. Jones answered another question about Mr. Owens' behavior, Mr. Owens interrupted him.

"I know what's expected of me," he said. "I won't let you down. He's talked to people that know me on a personal level. He knows who I am

You're exactly right Cheri, not an ounce of remorse.

Best possible outcome, for mankind not the Cowboys, is for DBs around the league to actually cover him, keeping the ball out of his hands. That will frustrate him and then he will start mouthing off and the cover will blow.

But they will have to cover him.

Re: Wonder if he'll be "misquoted" in it...

Yep...T.O. is all humbled by the past and just wants to move on...

"I'm going to put those things behind me," Mr. Owens said of the incidents that led Philadelphia to suspend him last season. "They can only make a man stronger, wiser. For me, that's what it's done. I'll be a better teammate, a better person, a better man in life. I'm looking forward to this opportunity.

Well...I'll put it all behind me AFTER the book comes out...

T.O.'s book called Ineligible Receiver
Posted: Monday March 20, 2006 10:05PM; Updated: Monday March 20, 2006 10:05PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Now that he's signed with the Dallas Cowboys, Terrell Owens wants to talk about his two seasons in Philadelphia.

He is writing a book called Ineligible Receiver: The Real Story of My Journey from the Super Bowl to the Sidelines. It is due in July.

"Finally, the real T.O. story can be told," Simon & Schuster executive David Rosenthal said. "It's an important chapter in the long-term struggle for players' rights in the NFL."

Owens helped the Eagles reach the Super Bowl after the 2004 season. This past season, he criticized coaches and teammates, notably quarterback Donovan McNabb. He was suspended at midseason, then deactivated for the rest of the season.

He was released last week and signed with Dallas on Saturday.

well at least I'll be able to make a few bucks on the book this summer as the hordes of sheep come to buy it...LOL

Bobby Hartin, Sports Radio Talk Show Host in Charleston, SC is one of the biggest Cowboy fans I've ever met...going on 40 years as a truly devoted fan.

Yesterday he went public saying "I WILL NOT PULL FOR THE DALLAS COWBOYS AS LONG AS T.O. OR JONES IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TEAM".

I don't think Bobby will make it through the season.

Personally, I think T.O. will be a star at Dallas (for a while anyway)...and then it will fade. It is a really bad message sent for sports everywhere, just like a lot of the other messes out there. Performers at all costs are bigger than life itself, and we are all hookers for supporting them.

Ric

Why is everyone surprised?

It's all about the money isn't it? I said some team would sign him for big bucks- Jerry Jones is one among many that would have signed TO. But he could have traded a 7th round draft pick to the Eagles and gotten him for 2 million less. Dope.