• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Tradewinds Charter SJU-SBH

JEK

Senior Insider
0700 De-ice at IAD
1215 Arrive SJU
1300 Depart SJU
1415 Arrive SBH

Only complaint: flight too short, there were more pictures to be taken :)

Had cell and Blackberry coverage most of the way.

Beautiful plane. Spacious, air conditioned and appointed like a Lear or Gulfstream.

Tradewinds is now doing morning shuttles using the same plane. $350 one-way departs SJU 0830 and then departs SBH 1030.

103141603_4cc0761f33.jpg

103141645_5c51896324.jpg

103141561_db5ed9603b.jpg

103141542_8cfe478911.jpg

WiFi-ing from the pool deck overlooking Eden Rock.
Ahhhhhhhh.

I'm just a bit envious of your arriving in SBH 2 hours after arriving in SJU, and avoiding SXM in the bargain. Maybe next trip.

I'm just a bit envious of your arriving in SBH 2 hours after arriving in SJU, and avoiding SXM in the bargain. Maybe next trip.

Kevin,
Let's build on that envy thing a bit:

1. View of St. Jean
2. New MacBook Pro wireless connected to SBHOnline
3. iPod playing Buffet's Best
4. Heated pool.
5. Glass of Veuve Clicquot

103152361_6066909d0d.jpg

1. View of St. Jean
2. New MacBook Pro wireless connected to SBHOnline
3. iPod playing Buffet's Best
4. Heated pool.
5. Glass of Veuve Clicquot

Meanwhile, in Sweden
1. View of pitch black sky
2. Old pc complaining about insufficient virtual memory
3. Some stupid hockey match on tv drowning my Metallica and making my head hurt
4. Rain on dirty snow
5. Glass of tap water after 70 min spinning

...Envy just doesn't cover it...

Nothing to do about it, except be delighted for your sake

I wish you a very very pleasant stay, and keep sending those pics :)

/K

Gee, why the clenched right hand on the dash as the plane gets closer to the SBH strip??
Pucker Factor?
Somehow, the photos more than do the approach justice...attack angle in the second shot looks a LOT steeper than what I'm used to ...

as far as the villa, ipod, champagne, etc....well deserved, enjoy to the fullest you fortunate S#B!

(a month ago, it was me....sniff)

JEK -

I'm OK with the other things on your list. My envy won't ramp up until you tell us about lunch at Sandbar.

So why's the iPod when you could listen to the waves from the sea?

On our recent trip we saw a lot of people jogging or even walking on the beach with their iPod's (in Anguilla, though, we didn't spend that much time on beach in St. Barth). Why an earth would you want to do that when you have one of the greatest sounds next to you? Sorry, I cannot think any band or musician good enough to compare.

Nice pics- good learner. I want to see Andy's Carnivale costume next week. Have fun. Until my tan goes away I am still on vacation.

Lunch @ Nikki

After a few bottles of Domaine Ott had to help the photo girl out with setup. It is tough job, but someone has to do it. Had the grand tour of Eden Rock after lunch, Sand Bar tomorrow and more photos. St. Jean beach is fine including Tom Beach.
Tres bientot
Jean
103523732_6d4d854346.jpg