• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

My wife and I plan to spend two nights and two days in St. Martin at the end of June 06 before a week in SBH. Is anyone familiar with cabfare from the

rob

SBH Insider
The cost to get around St. Martin

My wife and I plan to spend two nights and two days in St. Martin at the end of June 06 before a week in SBH. Is anyone familiar with cabfare from the airport to Grand Case, from Grand case to Front Street or from Grand case to the airport? What might be the approximate cost for car rental in St. Martin? As we plan to traverse the island a few times, is it a better bet to rent a car? Finally, what is the nicest hotel in Grand Case? Thank you in advance.

Re: The cost to get around St. Martin

The prices for cabs are regulated and posted. I can't say because we always have a car. As to a car- the prices fluctuate dramatically. You can look on Google for St. Martin car rentals and I would rent a car for 2 days. It just isn't worth it to wait for a cab coming and going. The car agencies are at the airport but not the cars. They bus you to the car locations which are all close by.
As to a hotel in Grand Case, I would recommend 3:
Grand Case Beach Club- on the water- get an oceanfront room;
L'Esplanade- on the hill overlooking the Beach Club;
Le Petit Hotel- on the beach on the near side of Grand Case-we stayed last year and loved it. All 3 have websites with very good graphics to give you a good idea what you are getting. Any more questions, let me know. Here is a good website to get started
http://www.jmbcommunications.com/sxm.html