Mason Jar Dining/Parking Lot Sex

If you want pizza in Gustavia ay lunch then give La Saladerie a try. They are located on the other side of the harbor from L'Entracte

Is this the little place that looks like an alley and has tables right on the dock?

Is this the little place that looks like an alley and has tables right on the dock?

Yes. Same side of the street as Yacht Club and La Marine, but just before you get to them.

Yes. Same side of the street as Yacht Club and La Marine, but just before you get to them.

We have been there then, for dinner. I was very happy with the food, and meal. Inexpensive and it satisfied our craving. I don't think our server spoke much if any english and it seemed as if there were other local hospitality workers dinning there also.

Saladries pizzas are good....Bouchon also does a decent pizza for lunch

We love Bouchon and think it is a real prize, particularly for those staying on the east side of the island. We did get there one day for lunch and they weren't doing their pizzas. I cant recall if we were after the usual lunch hour or what but as I remember, could be wrong, they may not be doing pizzas at lunch anymore.

Anyone know for sure?

we got a pizza and a pannini one day for lunch..we were there just a little after 12

Cool. We were there on a real rainy day and it may have been one of those cases of Island Schedule - rain today, pizza chef not come in.

I like that place.

Re: Mason Jar Etiquette

Bin,

Thank you for your response which sounds perfectly logical to me. Since it hasn't been challenged by our panel of experts, it must be correct.

Now on to a unique dining issue, what is the proper way to attack one's solid meal being served in the aforementioned vessel, a Mason jar of about 5 inches height? Does one unceremoniously dump the contents on the fancy plate bearing the jar, or does one fork it up one forkful at a time from the jar? I'm curious as to whether I forked it up appropriately.

I have eaten some strange things but this is up there with the strangest. If it was a wide-mouth quart jar I suppose you could eat it from the jar. If not, dump it out for ease of use. I use wide-mouth when I put my tomatoes up every year but this stunt makes me reappraise my thoughts about going to L'Entracte next year. What's next- dinner in a vase? or how about flower pot beef stew?

Andy...just have the pizza and a nice salad and you'll be a happy clam.....

Pizza in a hub cap? Clams in a candle stick holder? I think I would rather eat a regular meal watching sex in a car.

Pizza in a hub cap? Clams in a candle stick holder? I think I would rather eat a regular meal watching sex in a car.

I think Id rather skip the meal and have sex in the car

I'm impressed that anyone can find the room in rather than on a Samurai to have sex!!! There's a Seinfeld episode here somewhere. Can't you see Jerry or Kramer geting a cramp in the middle of the "act" in a small car????

or the stick shift up someones bum......

wait a minute

some people may like that....LOL

I'm impressed that anyone can find the room in rather than on a Samurai to have sex!!!

I've heard that Samurai rentals have increased sharply as reports of Sunday's Samurai sex scene have spread around the island.

BTW, where is George? This ain't the tarmac in the evening, but it's almost as good.

<<<If theatrics was what the couple had in mind, I'm happy to have played my rolling role in their proverbial hay roll, but I didn't linger and rolled onward.>>>

Hey, tim?
Next time, try a simple round of applause....
If they step out and bow, you were expected.