• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Les Saintes and Guadeloupe

StBartFan2

SBH Insider
Only about 5 weeks until Guadeloupe (Le Meridien) for 3 days and and Les Saintes for 4 days. I have posted before, but anyone have any suggestions about beaches, restaurants, etc?

Will post trip report upon return.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I can't believe how fast the time is going and that you getting ready to leave!

On Terre de Haut-make sure to eat at La Case auz Epices. Thierry and Christiane are wonderful hosts and the location right on the water is lovely. (just past the small ferry dock)

Where did you decide to stay on this island?

When you are wandering around town stop in at L'Aventure and say hello to Anny Timsit. She is an incredible women that we were very fortunate to spend time with.

For a 'formal' dinner head up to Auberge des Petits Saints (closed on Monday nights). Come up in time for the view, drinks, and to read the lovely books in the sitting area. Didier and John Paul are very good hosts and really love having everyone over for dinner.

If you can head over to Terre de Bas do so! Call the day before and make reservations (only in French) @ Chez Eugentte for the 'safe fish', Poisson Coffre. If you enjoy hiking there are three trails and we had a blast! Head over to the 'airport' road too. The ferry ride is easy and gives you a great view of TdH from the sea. See if the tourist office has the map of TdB before you go over.

If you like hiking, on TdH go up to Le Chameau but be sure to go past the fort and follow the trail to the very end. Great views!
Fort Napolean should be open and I hate that we missed seeing the inside (due to the earthquake damage last year).

Plage de Pompierre is nice but can get overrun from the NUMEROUS DAY TRIPPERS from either the main island or the NUMEROUS small cruise ships.
Plage de Crawen is a very naturally beautiful beach and we did use it c/o every time we visited. Plage de Rodrigue for sunsets.

Evenings are nice to stroll around the park area....walk on Plage de Grande-Anse but no swimming....

- - I would have more info but we so loved Marie-Galante that we kept extending our stay there! Les Saintes is very wonderful and the people we met made it very special.

Wishing you a wonderful trip!!

Best regards,

Erma

Happy Birthday!!!..you share a birthday with my wonderful son who would have been 27 today.....have a good one!!..just reading your description of things makes me wanna go right now!!!

Hi

I'm arriving on Guadeloupe for two weeks just before you, November 4-18. I'll be staying in St Anne, so I'll let you know about the beach there as soon as I can.

Don't know yet how much I will get around the island (and possibly Marie Galante) and have chances to try other beaches etc.

Trip report will be posted... expect a loooong one...

/K

Mike,

Believe it or not I did remember on my bday that is was also you son's birthday. I know it was a difficult day once again for you and I hope you hugged and kissed your little girl to help remember that you still have such beauty in your life.

I heard from Anny over the weekend and they are getting ready for the season. She is very ready for the rainy season to be over :) Get down there soon but do make sure and stay a few days to really get a feel.

Take care and thanks for the bday wishes! Erma

Tim,

Hey there! What have you been up to lately? Thank you for the birthday wishes. You would be proud..I pulled a double header coming in to the big 36... The Breast Cancer 3 Day walk on 9/31-10-2 (60 miles) and then my first century ride (103 miles...not a metric!) on the 8th. By ALL means the ride was a walk in the park for me vs. that walk...I still had very infected blisters during the ride but they didn't get any worse (or I would have been in trouble with my family for sure). Damn I am two weeks out and the blisters are still there...yuck! Stupid me hobbled to the tent on Saturday night to register for the '06 walk...thanks to the moto "(blank) is better than chemo"...just fill in, blisters, cuts, sprains, i.v.'s, etc... I can only say that if anyone ever get's the chance to see this 3 Day (for the Susan G. Komen Foundation) do it...or walk it yourself...you will be rewarded. I should start a thread on EE to see if other members are walking! Last weekend was all about motors though and I didn't work at all ...I just grinned when I passed the cyclists doing the Gaps hehehe

Sorry to hear you have had so much rain on the island-you would LOVE our weather in GA. Perfect for riding although starting to get a bit cool for me :) I wish you safe rides and lot's of fun. GPeche

Erma,

I congratulate you on the 60 mile walk, an amazing achievement with or without the century close on the heels, blistered as they may have been. My blisters this summer have been at the bike/seat junction, but that's another fun story - but nowhere near as good as the one about my dogs. LOL!