• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Hello all!We are in the process of planning our honeymoon and I was hoping for some friendly advice about the island and good places to stay. If you c

nile

Planning Our Honeymoon

Hello all!

We are in the process of planning our honeymoon and I was hoping for some friendly advice about the island and good places to stay. If you can recommend any places, that would be wonderful!

Ideally, here's what we're looking for...

A one or two bedroom villa with a pool. (week of June 10th, 2006)

Around $1500-$2500 a week.

BEACHFRONT!!! We'd like to beable to wake up and walk right off of my porch into the sand or down a small path to the beach or something.

We're surfers so I want a location that might get a few nice waves, but I still want the large sandy beach experience (Toiny doesn't seem to fit)

From our research, it looks like Lorient would be the best choice followed by Anse des Cayes. Any good advice on these locations, or do you have a better spot in mind? Total isolation isn't what we want but a little bit of seclusion would be nice too.

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Planning Our Honeymoon

look for something on lorient, check the villa rental companies, have fun!

and he will also come and fluff your pillow and put little chocolates on them too....

he's that kind of guy

If you ask nice, IV will actually book a villa for you. Honest.

and he will also come and fluff your pillow and put little chocolates on them too....

he's that kind of guy

Hmmmm, Dr. Sharkle and Mr Hyde? If I move in and bite, I get in trouble. If I keep the teeth at bay and help a drowning swimmer in the surf, I get in trouble.

It's a tough life, this Shark Bidness.

BdR

Really...the beachfront villas are not "prime" on SBH, but each to his own. I find the villas at ocean level on Lorient and Grand Cul de Sac to be rather distasteful. You might want to shoot for Flamands which is a nicer area for beachfront and good wave action.

Two that I have toured, but not stayed at may be of interest. SIB ABC is on the beach in Lorient and has a nice hot tub, no pool. Another on St. Jean is SIB CHI in the shadow of SIB DAD and a few steps from the beach and a few steps from Andy's. Both are compact and lack the views of hillside villas, but are priced to match.

I've been a surfer for many years and was surprised on my first visit to St. Barths to find some pretty decent waves at Anse Des Cayes. Checkout Sea Sand and Sun on St. Barth properties or Wimco's web sites. We loved the villa and saw surfers out almost everyday there.
john

No matter where you stay, you will not be to far from the surf, so I would not make that a criteria. Do not get your hopes up for surf in June (although it can happen). I am a surfer as well. Depending upon the conditions, there can be good surf in Toiny, Lorient, Anse de Cayes and St. Jean. It is impossible to predict which beach (if any) will have surf. Flammands is the best for the large sandy beach experience, although Lorient is a lovely little (and relatively quiet) beach as well.