• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

I really enjoy reading all the posts here and would really like to get to know anyone that will be on SBH during this time. We are still newbies to th

G

Get Together March 5-9

I really enjoy reading all the posts here and would really like to get to know anyone that will be on SBH during this time. We are still newbies to the island (trip 2) and would love to meet those who obviously have spent a lot of time on the island to get more insights. We would even be willing to host something, although we are renting a differnt villa this year, so I am always a little hesitant, although from everything I have seen, I think it was a good choice.

Re: Get Together March 5-9

Halsam, I'll be there from the 4th -13th. We have a group
of eight (including two children) So I wouldn't dare
burden anyone with that size group.I think from a previous
post we're on the same flight,and both using SBS.We can
meet and greet in St.Maarten.Only 10 more days!!!

Hey,

We upgraded (we put all our expense thru AMEX, as I hate to fly and this eases the adventure) so we will be upfront. But, I just spent the weekend with my sister and cousin and their 3 combined children and even went to the NE Aquarium--(i.e. NIGHTMARE) so if you do want to have a drink, we can handle it. We are in Gustavia. You have great posts, so it would at least be great to say hi!

Hallie

Well, if US Air keeps the tickets intact! Seats 2D and 2F--stop by!

The fun part will be waiting in the gate area in Charlotte
looking around trying to figure out which one you are!
Sorry no hints.

Ok, but I have been described as "no shrinking violet." And my husband always says, "I couldn't keep up with you!" And, since I am not a lover of flying, I suspect you could find us at the bar, if it was of a "reasonable hour"--we are from New England and there are complex rules which you can usually negotiate to your benefit!

Hi,
We will be there March 2-14. We are normally at the corner bar across from le select around 5:00 pm. We(2) are staying at a villa at Columbiar. We would enjoy meeting others.
George

We'll be there too. George, if you're still at L'Oubli at 6 or so, we'll see you there. Look for an American drinking pastisse, and a wife with a lot of shopping bags.

George, I usually ride my scooter to Gustavia and have a beer there about 5:00 or 5:30. Would be nice to raise a glass!

Good to hear from all of you and special thanks to Chip for naming L'oubli, I have enough trouble remembering the name let alone spelling it. We arrive on the second, so we will be there on the third.
George

Good question. I've given out a hint. I'll just look to see who's looking. Do we need a secret handshake or something?

Hint? I know JR has eight in the party--we will probably show up on the 5th as well.

Is Oubli on the corner across from Le Select--we went there last year and they were very nice. We are a late 30 something couple, average height, and I look Italian with my dark brown hair and my husband, who is half Italian and half Irish can look either depending on the day! Hope to say hi!

I don't blame you--by the way, do you think we will be ok on timing for arrival? The weather seems in our favor, but a coworker traveled to Virgina this weekend and spent MANY hours in terminals both ways (I know the snow factor on the East Coast was huge, but it seems like in general, winter delays are bad.) I could care less about coming back but I really do not want to spend the nite in SXM on the way down!

Hallie, I think we'll be O.K. I was in New York over the weekend and had a terrible time getting home Sun. night.
The problem was storms in Atlanta.We should not have any problem.One more day!See you tomorrow,Jimmy

See you then! US Airways, don't let us down!