• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Hi all - there is a new Rapid Explorer schedule starting February 5th: Ferry Schedule (FYI: The Friday and Sunday evening sails stop in Marigot to p

KaraBrooks

Senior Insider
New Ferry Schedule

Hi all - there is a new Rapid Explorer schedule starting February 5th: Ferry Schedule

(FYI: The Friday and Sunday evening sails stop in Marigot to pick up and drop off school kids).

Re: New Ferry Schedule

I dont quite understand why they dont have a mid afternoon return to SXM...thats a good thing in terms of not being very accomidating to day trippers...and 99.9% of the time I would be in favor of that...but Im trying to get over for a day in April and not pay 400+ with WinAir to do it...so it looks like I have to take the morning ferry over and then hop on a St Barts Commuter plane to Grand Case later on in the afternoon...

Kara..when you click on Rapid Explorer on the home page..it takes you to Wall House instead..check it out

On a le gateau ou on le mange.

As you well pointed out miker, this is a situation where you can have your cake or you can eat it but you cant do both. The delicate line between convenience and inconvenience is indeed a thin one and it appears to have tripped you up this time. Just think, as you shell out the massive coin to Winair back over, of all Those People for whom a day trip to St Barts is either too expensive or too difficult and be thankful.

If we want to build an economic fence around our little island, we have to come off the hip with the benjamins once in a while, n'est pas mon ami?

its unquestionably a good trade off in the long run ....although it will be a slight pain in the petunia to go back and forth that day...I'd prefer it being a pain in the petunia for sure.....we'll deal with it and somehow make it work...and if for some reason we cant...well then we will just spend a very pleasant day in Grand Case instead....no biggie... meanwhile..others either wont know how or wont have the inclination to do whatever needs to be done to go back and forth in a day....

and thats a good thing..

its just strange that the Rapid Ex people dont want that revenue....unless there is another reason they cant do the mid day trip

its just strange that the Rapid Ex people dont want that revenue....unless there is another reason they cant do the mid day trip

"Okay monsieur, I will be to drive the boat twice times in the morning and once in the afternoon. But I to take two hours lunch break with wine and sleep on the beach. If that is not good enough, find you the other pilot".

Just remember that the standard two hour french lunch really takes three hours. God, I love these people.

I find it odd that the last SXM-SBH ferry is at 5:00 pm. which is close to the same time the last plane departs. You would think that they would have a ferry leaving at 7:00 pm or later to catch the late arrivals.

<<<You would think that they would have a ferry leaving at 7:00 pm or later to catch the late arrivals. >>>

Well, they need to widen the harbor and install landing ...uh, sorry, that was the airport.

Cheri -

You must have missed the spat with the mayor a few months back. Hizzoner decided that ferries arriving or departing after 6PM needed to pay additional fees for overtime for the harbormaster, border police, etc. Since that time the ferries have been coming in and departing prior to 6PM.

The end result is that there is no late ferry for passengers who miss the last flight, and it also provides a challenge to the older school children who must attend school on SXM, and who would like to return home to SBH on Friday night.

Quel dommage.

and it also provides a challenge to the older school children who must attend school on SXM, and who would like to return home to SBH on Friday night.

Alors mes enfants, faites d'ecole buissoniere.

"Okay monsieur, I will be to drive the boat twice times in the morning and once in the afternoon. But I to take two hours lunch break with wine and sleep on the beach. If that is not good enough, find you the other pilot".

Just remember that the standard two hour french lunch really takes three hours. God, I love these people.

a few corrections mon ami.....you dont "drive a boat"...you run a boat.....you drive a truck....and I wont be shelling out big bucks for WinAir on my return from the day trip ..I'm going St Barts Commuter for 50 euros..... but I will contemplate that which you suggested I contemplate none the less

En francais, peut etre on "drives" le bateau mon ami.

Remember my motto on island: None of them butcher english as badly as I sabre francais.

Francais plus English = Franglish. Throw me into the mix and you get Clarkgriswoldish.

Oh yes, I do remember hearing something about the spat with the mayor. Still it makes no sense. But I do like the fact that some things may have changed but it still is difficult to get to SBH. That is probably a good thing. I guess I need to keep that in mind when I complain about there being no night ferry.