Belize

DAL

SBH Insider
Anyone been here? Prices are not bad considering what SBH is becoming. Thinking of trading August in SBH for Belize, would love feedback.

I used to go there a lot when I lived in Houston...it was a quick flight from there... I loved it to death....best scuba diving I've ever done.....and I've done quite a bit of it in quite a few places...very friendly people and decent food....very laid back....no glitz and glamour ( a plus in my book)....dont know what its become since my last trip there in 87......we have been talking about going back to check it out again

I USED TO GO IN THE EARLY 90'S...DIVING IS FIRST CLASS..I WAS FORTUNATE TO STAY AT THE FISHERIES MINISTER'S HOUSE IN DOWNTOWN BELIZE CITY..NO FRILLS AND GOOD PEOPLE (AND BELIKEN BEER!) I SEE NOW THE WATERFRONT IS BEING DEVELOPED WITH GOOD HOTELS. AMERGRIS KEY IS THE WAY TO GO FOR SECLUSION AND DIVE ACCESSABILITY..

My wife and I are heading to Ambergris Caye in 3 weeks. I'll file a trip report when I return. This will be our first visit there. We were able to get what I think is a good price. We're staying at the Banana Beach Resort, and got a 1 bedroom ocean view suite, full breakfast daily, and RT air on American Air Lines from Philadelphia, via Miami for $2200.00 total.We booked it through Sam's Club Travel.

Anyone been here? Prices are not bad considering what SBH is becoming. Thinking of trading August in SBH for Belize, would love feedback.

My wife and I just got back from a week on Ambergris Caye. We had a wonderful time. The people are very friendly, and everyone speaks English well. We stayed at Banana Beach Resort, and had a one bedroom, ocean front suite. The hotel is a little dated, but very clean, and the staff is wonderful. They're also the only resort on the island that has their own power generator in case of a power outage. Great restaurants on the island....and at least 1/2 the price of the restaurants on St. Barths. Great diving and snorkeling. We got a good price from Sam's Club Travel...$2100.00 total...included air from Philadelphia, suite, and full breakfast daily. Eight hours of fishing will cost only around $300.00 and that includes a beach barbque of your fish, lobster caught by the captain, or chicken. Ambergris Caye is like Cancun was 50 years ago...dirt streets...no high rises...great people.