• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

I'd liked to book Carpe Diem for a honeymoon but wanted to double check with the forum before I made the final move. I couldn't find much in the arch

StBarths2004

Villa Carpe Diem (SIB VIC)

I'd liked to book Carpe Diem for a honeymoon but wanted to double check with the forum before I made the final move. I couldn't find much in the archives about it. Does anyone know much about this villa or have any personal experience with it? Would you be able to give me a better understanding of its surroundings in Lurin and specific location? Also, I guess Wimco is the only co. that deals with this villa, do you know if that is true? The sunsets look great, nice pool, good location! Any and all info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Nick

Re: Villa Carpe Diem (SIB VIC)

If I'm not mistaken this is a villa that we looked at "only from the street" last year(so I can't comment on the interior although the photos are gorgeous)...as it was for sale...and rented at the time.
If it's the one that I'm thinking of it sits HIGH on the hill up past the Carl Gustav... The real estate agent discouraged us from pursuing buying it due to the fact that it was blocked on the downhill (Gustavia side" with another villa)...BUT I still think it would be fantastic in terms of feeling like you are "on-top-of-the-world"...
I'd go for it. It sits on a curve that would make getting in and out a little precarious due to the blind curves and I wouldn't recommend walking anywhere from it..but it is close to everything! If you want to hear the waves crashing as you sleep this wouldn't be the best choice as it is up so high...but what sunset views!!!
Have fun...
Ruthie Bird

tarheel: Two thoughts here

1. If you can't find out much about Carpe Diem, then do research here about villas with a similar price. There is such a wide variety of what you can get on SBH that it does not make a lot of sense to gamble if you can go with a known commodity. Given the number of villas reviewed here, you should be able to find something if no one knows about Carpe Diem

2. Go Tigers!

The villa looks great though. I was assured from Wimco that it is a nice villa. The only thing that i am afraid of is the noice factor but the rep said that is on the road leading up to Gouveneur? She said driving should be bad at all given the location of the villa and that they have never had any complaints before. It's a fairly new villa, built 2002 so that's another positive factor. Check out the website: www.villacarpediem.com. I have until 12 noon today to reserve the villa. The other alternative would be Hotel Christopher which has a great romantic package. Help! I'm torn between the two.

tarheel, It concerns me that the website shows only the "tight" shots and no big views of the pool area.What are they hiding?Which way does the pool face? The indoor areas look pretty simple. That would never matter if the outdoor areas would be somewhere comfortable to spend my time.It is too hard to see that on the site.

I know, those are the only images that i have to go by. As far as villas we are also strongly considering Villa Ylang Ylang. I have found more info on the internet about compared to Villa Carpe Diem which is only advertised through Wimco.

Tarheel:

Several people here have had nice experiences with Hotel Christopher though I have not been there myself. Instead, I just returned from Francois Plantation which has an OUTSTANDING package.

Here is what the package includes and it runs from late april through early december (with the hotel being closed june through midoctober):

Nice, small but very clean bedroom with semiprivate balcony (it was, shall we say, "private enough")

Breakfast every day

One full dinner

One drink each every night

Bottle of champagne on arrival

Half day snorkel trip, beginner or certified dive with bar and munchies

Car.

All this was 2570 US DOLLARS (NOT Euros) for 7 nites.

I have now stayed at Isle de France (top end, very nice) and Francois. While smaller and not "full service" the way Isle de France is, Francois does NOT take a back seat to anyone in the Casual But Oh So Romantic category.

Bon chance.

tarheel, Villa Ylang Ylang also loos good to me every time I review St. Bart's Properties catalogue. Island Visitor was helpful as to Francois Plantation's accomodations. Never stayed there, but I never miss a chance to visit the beautiful gardens to admire the fabulous plantings and breathtaking view.