Thread: I have an 11 day (counting the arrival day and departure day) trip planned for next July. Just got the air portion of the trip done. This will be trip #3 to SBH for my wife and I. The question I have

SBH Member Joined: Oct 2002 Hoboken, NJ Posts: 179

Decisions, decisions

I have an 11 day (counting the arrival day and departure day) trip planned for next July. Just got the air portion of the trip done. This will be trip #3 to SBH for my wife and I. The question I have is should I stay on SBH for the entire trip or do 7 nights in SBH and 3 nights somewhere else. One place I was considering was Nevis, because I the Four Seasons resort over there looks nice. Or maybe Cap Juluca in Anguilla? Any suggestions? Its a nice delemma to have I guess!

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 North Shore Posts: 971

Re: Decisions, decisions

I had no trouble finding nothing to do for 11 days there in jan, But i did have a great deal of trouble returning to the real world afterward. i would pass on taking up the stress of moving during a repose.
    Just pick out 9 restaurants and return to the favorite two for the last nights

I am in no way worried that in 11 days on SBH I would get bored. But I was just wondering about other's experiences in similar situations.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 1,152

My recommendation would be to use the funds instead for a private cruise, d

SBH Member Joined: Apr 2003 Easton, Ct Posts: 197

Cap Juluca is fabulous, 3 days won't be enough, do it on a separate trip. I will at CJ for Thanksgiving and St. Barths for Christmas. My two favorite places, and I don't have to cook and clean dishes for 20 for the holidays this year!!!
    Diane

SBH Member Joined: Sep 2003 st.louis,mo Posts: 73

Nevis is a fun place. I stayed in a villa @ the Four seasons for 10 days and had a blast. There is a great golf course on the property and wonderful restaurants on the island. There also is a great hike up the hill to the "source", very fun. Nevis is definitely different than St.Barth but I do think it is fun to try different places. If you go don't forget to try "Sunshine's"!

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2002 Westhampton Beach, NY Posts: 405

CJ is special, Four Seasons in Nevis is special...SBH is extra-special. I strongly agree with previous posters who recommend spending as much available time on SBH...and using the saved funds for some extra-special activities or shopping while there.
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Hawkeye Heaven Posts: 1,056

I'd do whatever your wife wants...period.

SBH Member Joined: Oct 2002 St. Louis, Missouri USA Posts: 116

I would stay in STB. We did 5 days in STB (3rd trip) and 5 days in Anguilla (ist trip) a couple of years ago and I don't think we did either island justice. I would save Anguilla for another trip - it certainly deserves it.

tom

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003

I'd go somewhere else for 3 days...as much as I love SBH....its not be all end all.... but then again,no place is in my opinion....go see other places...they all have something to offer......Saba...St Lucia....Nevis...Dominica....Anguilla......and on and on and on
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Guest Posts: n/a

Nice golf course, I'd go to the Four Seasons for the whole vacation. I do have the advantage of living in SBH all year. (however its pouring down with rain, has been for the WHOLE day, haven't seen rain like this for years. Apparently its going to be like this tomorrow as well. Thank god for computers.

Can I get a pizza delivery from Andy's to the 4 season's Nevis? That is the real question.

SBH Member Joined: Sep 2003 st.louis,mo Posts: 73

There is a great web site about nevis, http://www.nevis1.com/, check it out, it has some good information.

SBH Member Joined: Feb 2003 Cincinnati Posts: 286

If it's a Monday and Andy is on his way to bring the Robert Trent Jones layout at the Four Seasons to its knees, I'm sure he'd be glad to drop off a pie.
    (_{@}________{{{{