• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Today Friday 9/12 in the Life section of the paper a full color feature article on our favorite island. In my opinion the article was a good upbeat a

Lance

SBH Insider
USA TODAY--Sexy St. Barts

Today Friday 9/12 in the Life section of the paper a full color feature article on our favorite island. In my opinion the article was a good upbeat article that captured the favor of the island during the off season. It did stress the cost of getting here as well as the daily cost on the island. In addition it did point out the savings in hotel and villa rentals during the low season. However the costs will still be high enough to keep "Joe Six Pack" in the states. It will be an article that should help the economy of the island during its slow period.

Re: USA TODAY--Sexy St. Barts

Also, the October issue of Caribbean Travel & Life has a cover story on the "10 Sexiest Beaches of the French West Indies." I read the article at the newsstand, but didn't buy the magazine. The beach list included Gouverneur, Saline, and Colombier. The short article on St. Barth was pretty bland.

-Brian

I see that they mentioned our humble board (in the "Information" sidebar).

I read the article about St. Barts sexy beaches also. After reading it I wondered if the author had ever been
there. He or she talked about the outcrop of rocks at the end of Saline that provided shade in the morning.
(We used those rocks ourselves this last trip.) He or she stated it was on the north side of the beach.
Last time I looked at a map, the beach ran east and west.

I agree the article was pretty bland. But that is ok- Maybe less people will want to visit.

Interesting article.....not as much hype and fluff as usually found in a travel article...I did think including Eddy's in the "splurge" group of restaurants was rather peculiar.....I spent more money in a pub the other night for dinner then I do in Eddy's, and the pub meal wasnt half as good....so I dont know why the writer thought Eddys was expensive...some great Peter O Keefe quotes...especially the one about the typical client who comes to the island to read a bunch of books on a beach and have a nice dinner.....how true....The part about the naked pregnant bathers at the beach made me think of my last trip when my very pregnant wife found a couple of other pregnant ladies and they all banded together to go skinny dipping....it was a sight I won't soon forget....they were beautiful to see....only in St Barts