• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

In Gustavia on Rue de General de Gaulle, about half way down the street past Le Select and on the same side of street, there is a Shoppe owned by a yo

Seles

Senior Insider
Help-Need name of Shoppe in Gustavia

In Gustavia on Rue de General de Gaulle, about half way down the street past Le Select and on the same side of street, there is a Shoppe owned by a young couple offering Photographs of people, places and things on St. Barths. Some are color, but most in black and white.

If anyone knows the name of shoppe, email, website and/or phone, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ric

Elysees Caraibes

Elysees Caraibes, Gusatvia and St. Jean (Lancel and Longchamp shop!)

While this kind of question is being asked I am going to tag on to Ric's post....any chance they may have email or a fax number? If not I do have their telephone number....I checked POK's site but they are not there from what I can tell.

Thanks, Erma

Re: Elysees Caraibes

I will be going by there today on the way to Marine Services and ask about email or web site--and will post info after return from Fourchue island if someone does not post first.

Elysees Caraibes, Gusatvia and St. Jean (Lancel and Longchamp shop!)

While this kind of question is being asked I am going to tag on to Ric's post....any chance they may have email or a fax number? If not I do have their telephone number....I checked POK's site but they are not there from what I can tell.

Thanks, Erma

st. bart access gives this informaiton on elysees caraibes: email to jeanettegreaux@wanadoo.fr

web: www.saint-barths.com/elyseecaraibes

hope the links work,
terri

erma, as it happens the fax number is on the website. 0590 27 62 55.

have a good day.

terri

Terri,

Thank you so much for the link. I have been to this site before but didn't have it bookmarked....usually POK's has most everything.

This site and the participants never cease to amaze me! My friend Jen will be very pleased.

Thanks so much Greg - I really appreciate your offer and hope your day was great.

Best regards, Erma

p.s.---okay everybody, we need to get Ric's question answered. I feel so bad because I really just tagged on to his post. Calling all St. Barth experts????????

Greg, Erma and others....thanks so much. This site is amazing. Now, if someone would just volunteer to go and pick out a couple of photos for us. Ric

Whoops! I don't think Elysees Caraibes is it. It is new, and I think opened in late June. Looks like a warehouse with exposed beams inside, black and white framed photography and some color, but no other items for sale. Strictly a photography/art studio. By the way, some of the most captivating photography I've ever seen anywhere. Sorry for perhaps a confusing first request. Ric

Photos

Now Ric...do you really think you could get any volunteers to go to St. Barth just to pick out some photos???

Hah-question would be how to narrow down the candidates!!!

Once we find out the information about this store I will remember it for our next trip in December. Any chance you and Lu will be around from the 11th-21st? "Third trips a charm"-maybe we could finally meet up.

I hope things are going well with your family and that your daughter is doing good. Regards, Erma

Re: Photos

Well, it looks as if I'll be back on the Island in October or November for a few days (business), but maybe a December trip is in the making...wondering if I can find a house for free. Erma, maybe I can meet you in Georgia easier than SB...

Leslie is great, her recovery good. Thanks.

Well, I finally got the answer to what now seems to be a stupid question, but I had to know who did these amazing photographs...I was in a bit of a hurry and never returned. Turns out it was a local artist, Cecilia, doing an exhibit of her favorite photography. Phone is 0690.59.96.22. Don't know yet if she has a gallery or not.

We were keenly interested upon return of doing a St. Barths black & white wall exhibit in a Guest Room, but my pics looked like underwater photos on bad paper. So, I resorted to this afterthought.

Thanks to all again. I will check this out on my return. But the photos cannot be described as they were beyond perfection. And the prices were quite reasonable.

Merci Beacoup to All.

Ric

Ric I think you are right from what several nearby shop owners reported. There was a short three or four week art exposition of old st barts photos apparently for sale in the location you describe--if you want me to contact anyone regarding a future show or how to puchase now let me know with a private message. Also thanks for the tips via terri regarding surfing instruction for my niece--we have a private lesson scheduled friday with the top surfer on the island Eric who has a surf shop at the entry to Pt Milou/Mount Jean called Surf Life.

Greg, hope you are having a great time and thanks for your participation here in my quest. If you have time, please call Cecilia at 0690.59.96.22 and ask if she has an email or website for her photographs, and let me know. Many, many thanks. Ric

Ric the email address for Cecilia is photocecilia@yahoo.fr per my wife who spoke to her in french. If the email does not work use .sr at the end after yahoo as there was a bit of confusion in hearing her state the email address. She apparently told my wife she only has recent photos of st barts nothing old, but you may be able to clear that up with her.

If you arrange to buy some photos from cecilia and want me to transport them to usa, no problem, i can ups them to you once home. Send me a private mail to work out details.

From the description of the location and of the interior, and from the subsequent comments about an exhibit, it sounds like you ran into an exhibit at the Bank of Baghdad. I've been to two exhibits there - a history of Le Select during the '99 Jubilee, and an exhibit by an artist who uses different types and colors of wood to 'paint'.

My understanding, possibly all wrong, is that the Bank of Baghdad gallery is owned by Lou Lou of Lou Lou's Marine. I talked to Lou Lou on both occasions that I was there, but only a few words of chit chat - I never inquired further into the gallery.

Kevin