The hardest list you have ever compiled:

Island Visitor

Senior Insider
I love the way you folks operate. When I say that I shall be On Island for a week and would like a list of Must Do Restaurants, most of you can give me a dozen or more Can't Miss places.

LOL.

There aren't that many big dinners in a week. But the problem for us all is that ST BARTS HAS TOO MANY GREAT PLACES. Oh woe is us.

So, everyone try to narrow it down. You are allowed THREE places for lunch or dinner. And these are the ONLY places you can go. Where would they be?

My experience is, of course, limitted to only one trip at this stage. Even so, La Mandala, Kfai Massai and Isle de France pretty much make any list I would compile.

Please select on any criteria you choose - food, atmosphere, wait staff, whatever.

I told you it was a hard list to compile. The choices are too many!

I'll take you up on that challenge. (It will be good practice for next weeks trip) Maybe I'll even learn something!
3 for Dinner:
Le Rivage
Wall House
Andy's (missed this one the last time, but will try it next week)

3 for lunch
Le Piment
Indigo (at the Guanahani)
Le Gaiac (for sunday brunch of course)

I have done Le Gaiac for dinner - spectacular of course.

And I agree entirely with your thought about Le Piment. Good food, reasonable price, nice location.

This was difficult, but here's my list.

Lunch
#1 for sure Sandbar at Eden Rock
Isle de France outside under a umbrella
Lafayette Club, the first table off the main deck, in the sand

Dinner
Wall House
Maya's
Eden Rock

Michael agrees with me for lunch but his dinner list is different:
Le Sapotillier outside under the tree
PiriPiri Palace for ribs
L'esprit de Saline

Lunch

Gloriette
Route de Buccaneer
La Marine

Dinner

Mayas
Eddys
Au Port

My wife says I have to also include some of the dinners I make at the bungalow, at where she calls "Chez Mike".....but that isnt going to help you at all....unless of course you want to hire me and bring me down to cook for you....

and for whatever its worth...L'Entract's pizza is better then Andys...not that Andys is bad...but "L'Entracts is better....and they do a helluva duck too.....you just cant let the tacky decor scare you away..there are usally nothihg but locals in there..the decor scares most tourists...

Mike:

Being Hotel People, we are not in need of a personal chef at this time. Even so, we should always be most delighted to dine at Chez Mike if an invitation were extended.

If we do someday become Villa People, we shall keep your generous offer to cook for us in mind.

*singing* "macho macho man.... I want to be"..........oh sorry.......you said Villa people not Village people...I keep getting hung up on that.....but anyway.....it would be my pleasure to cook for you if the circumstances come to be......however the bad new here is that due to this impending baby ( we are slowly losing patience with this little procrastinating bundle of joy .... and thats its Moms gene by the way), and other impending business related issues...we probably wont be back on the island until, (gulp) next June....but if you are there then...I will certainly cook for you!

Yes! June 5 - 12 next year. Isle de France.

Part of my plan to be a Two Per (twice per year) visitor to SBH is using frequent flier miles. As such, I have to book those way ahead and will always have one trip in the bag (like this November which is already booked) and one trip on the drawing board.

Here are my best wishes for a safe and speedy delivery for the Bundle Of Joy at your house. Imagine me toasting you and your family by holding a nice glass of champaign at the Columbier lookout or on Saline or with sunset over Gustavia to my back. In actuality, I am slugging down a Diet Cherry Coke in a somewhat messy office, but I like the mental image of me in SBH better.

Only one meal at Eden Rock???

Well that depends... if it was a special occassion, anniversary, birthday, full moon or if you're an oenophile then I'd pick dinner for sure.

Some SBH'ers we've met prefer to have a big, long, lingering, rose-filled lunch and a very light dinner, or dinner at their villa and then I'd say Sandbar for lunch. Also, if it's off season, then the main dining room is closed so it would be Sandbar for lunch by default.

But, now that you're going to be a "Two-Fer" Island Visitor, then I'd say dinner in November and lunch in June!

Lunch: Andy's, The Sandbar, Indigo(guanahani)
Dinner: Gaiac, Top of the Rock, Bartolomeo(if charles darden is playing)

Must agree that it is almost impossible to have a bad meal on the island.

Here goes (and you are right, this is tough!)

Dinner:
Eden Rock (The Top for a special evening)
Le Sapotillier
Wall House

Lunch:
Lafayette Club (a fabulous albeit expensive experience)
La Saladerie
Le Repaire (excellent goat cheese salad)

Our favorites are:

Lunch (we are not lingering lunch eaters)
Le Pelican (now Nikki Beach but we liked Pelican better....since Pelican is now closed I will take the liberty to add a fourth choice!)
Le Repair
Le Piment
Kiki Mo (take a ham & cheese panini to the beach)

Like others, we have two separate lists for dinner, separate desires for Larry and myself.

Larry's Dinner.....
Pipiri Palace (those great ribs and ok, the grilled whole red snapper is a favorite of mine as well)
Wall House
Andy's (has replaced L'Escale for us.....we both love Andy's but Larry can't live without his pizza!)

Cheri's Dinner....
Maya's
La Langouste (for the grilled lobster)
La Rivage

Nightlife.....since we don't linger over lunch, we often linger over libations at night
Nikki Beach (so much fun in April)
Bar at the Sereno Beach (also a blast this year)
Our own veranda......Nightcap cocktails staring at the incredible stars (wherever that may be)!

I loved this post and theme.did not meet Island Visitor until after he stopped posting. I regret that.

btw..did MikeR really post Maya's or is this west coast time thing causing me to see things?

I decided to search for the earliest IV post I could find and this is the first thing that came up :pray1: