• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

St. Jean Villa or Lorient Villa??

G

Last year we stayed at Eden Rock...not exactly private. Trying the villa route this year. My much better half desires a villa within walking distance to the beach....we also liked being in the village of St. Jean. I'm looking at Wimco's villa SAS, I understand it is within walking distance to St. Jean Beach. What about Lorient Beach area?
Is it similar to St. Jean? Any nice, private villas in Lorient area that is within walking distance to Lorient Beach? Does Lorient have the shops and eateries as does St. Jean?

Many thanks.

Regarding Villa SAS you should check with Wimco & ask if the construction below the Villa is finished. The noise this winter was horrible & I understand several renters opted for another Villa. You can't walk to Lorient from SAS but to St Jean no problem, just a few minutes.
Nick

Last year stayed at sas and enjoyed property very much..Location was great and I feel close to st. jean beach place to be.Reason I did not return was owner increased weekly rate by 50%..As it was I was fortunate because when I returned this year I found out construction was going on close by and noise would have ruined vacation.Check with wimco and if you are happy with rates make sure wimco vouches for property if not try another..Best of luck..

Lorient is so close to ST Jean, it is amazing that you did not managed to see the available shops for yourself on your last trip. Did you not tour the island at all?