• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Sunset photos and St. Barth update

phil_stripling

SBH Member
Louise and I completely re-did our Web site, breaking all links, I'm sorry to say, and we've put up a couple of pages to update our trip to St. B. We particularly like the photos on
http://www.cieux.com/stbarth/sunset.html

Our draft of the restaurants is at
http://www.cieux.com/stbarth/restaurants2003.html
(loved Sapotillier and Francois Plantation, didn't like Maya's, disappointed in Eden Rock's beach restaurant this year but the timing may have been bad)

Table of contents for St. Barth is at
http://www.cieux.com/stbarth/

Phil

Phil,

I am really enjoying the picture of the harbor at night. It has to be one of the best ever!

We really enjoyed Null Bar for the casual atmosphere (loved the tree/palm setting) and probably because we hung out with a local who makes this his watering hole. I've never tried the cheeseburger at Select so I can't compare. Didier (waiter from Paris) said the chef is "getting away for a while" (i.e. over worked and ready to rest) and crashed out on the island. The three times we went it was locals only and not really crowded. Randy loved the marinated olives served with our pre-dinner drinks.

Thanks for the update! Will there be additions? Erma

Phil:

Did you pack your tripod and take it with you? I'm not sure mine would fit in a suitcase. I'm wondering if I could rent one on our next visit.

Larry

> Will there be additions?

Yes, Louise hasn't yet got her photos organized,and she's going to England on Sunday for several days, so it will be awhile before she gets a chance, and we'll also arrange the restaurant review page and add photos. We'll be doing a page on a new hotel on Grand Cul de Sac called Les Ondines sur la Plage -- looked absolutely gorgeous. We've also added photos to the People and Places II page.

Phil

Larry wrote:
> Did you pack your tripod and take it with you? I'm
> not sure mine would fit in a suitcase. I'm wondering
> if I could rent one on our next visit.

Yes, we packed it. With flippers, snorkels, masks, and tripod, we'll never make use of Gate 10, as we can't carry all our stuff in the cabin.

I have no clue about renting one; I wouldn't bet on it, though. I don't recall seeing a well-stocked camera store on the island -- film, batteries, digital cameras, but not serious gear.

Phil

Phil,

On a positive note....Hotel Les Ondines sur la Plage is mentioned on the "Being There" section of T & L / Feb '03, page 48....along with Do Brazil, L'Espirit Salines and The House.

On a maybe not so positive note..page 107....they ranked cruise ships and ports of call in the Caribbean based on scenic area, good food, good beach, easy excursions, good shops, safe/secure. St. Bart's was the only island to be "awarded" all six icons................

Looking forward as always to your web site additions. Erma